Sign in to follow this  
matta757

Autopilot Warning Volumes

Hi,Is there a way to reduce the volume of the autopilot and GPWS volumes? When I disengage the A/T or the main CMD on the Autopilot, the warning sounds are SO loud that I am afraid I might be losing my hearing! I have tried reducing the sound settings for all categories on the FS9 settings to no avail. Also, the GPW for 2500' is equally as loud.Any way to change this?Thanks,Matt

Guest Boeing Skunk Works

You can use an audio editor such as Cakewalk to edit the audio files and lower the volume.

Hi!What aircraft are you talking about? The 757 or 777?Any of them you can reduce the panel sounds via the set up utility on the normal panel view.Soft Landings! :(

Hi!Rgr! I should have deducted from your username!Soft Landings! :(
hey, just out of curiosity, you wouldn't know how to change the .WAV files for the GPWS callouts, would you? The PSS ones, mine at least, do not sound like the real Boeing callouts and I'd like to change them...Thanks,Matt

Hi!No, not the original sounds as they are "built in" in the gauge set or so I'm led to believe! Being the case, they can't be touched.I'm sorry to ask, but are you sure they are the original ones? Not a set that might be active from another plane or gauge?I'm asking, because I'm fairly sure that there aren't any 2500ft sounds for the PSS 757 and they only start at 400ft on mine.Soft Landings! :(

Hi!No, not the original sounds as they are "built in" in the gauge set or so I'm led to believe! Being the case, they can't be touched.I'm sorry to ask, but are you sure they are the original ones? Not a set that might be active from another plane or gauge?I'm asking, because I'm fairly sure that there aren't any 2500ft sounds for the PSS 757 and they only start at 400ft on mine.Soft Landings! :(
i don't know, they have always been on my PSS 757 and 777, so i just assumed they were default

Ooops! Sorry! :( You're right! Just heard them! But what I said earlier about the gauge set stands and, so the only way to change them is via the Setup menu.Soft Landings! :(

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.