Sign in to follow this  
CaptHill

Airbus series volume one problem

Hi guys i hope you guys can help with a problem that is driving me insane! Please see the screenshots below to help illustrate my problem.When I fly my Airbus Series Volume One aircraft, i try to engage the managed mode of the autopilot so the FMC route will be followed.....this never used to be a problem but just lately the aircraft turns to a completely different heading and flies away from the next waypoint! It seems to want to double back to the coloured circle, in the shot below, most of the time??fsscr117.jpgIn the shot below the aircraft makes a really steep turn to the coloured circle but its not the next waypoint! POL is!??fsscr119.jpgAny help you guys can give would very much appreciated!CaptHill

Hi,In the second screenshot RC shows your heading to POL as 340 but the FMC shows a heading of 031 which explains why the aircraft is making a right turn.If your flights used to be okay what has recently changed on your system? There appears to be a discrepancy between your aircraft's actual position and what the FMC believes to be your position.Do you set the aircraft position in the FMC at the stand? This problem is a bit tricky to resolve without more info. But you should always be following the heading given by RC. If the problem persists create a log using the guidance in the pinned topics and forward it to JD for investigation.If you notice in the first shot the distances and heading to WPL also differ so it does look like a FMC problem of not being set correctly at your departure airport.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi,In the second screenshot RC shows your heading to POL as 340 but the FMC shows a heading of 031 which explains why the aircraft is making a right turn.If your flights used to be okay what has recently changed on your system? There appears to be a discrepancy between your aircraft's actual position and what the FMC believes to be your position.Do you set the aircraft position in the FMC at the stand? This problem is a bit tricky to resolve without more info. But you should always be following the heading given by RC. If the problem persists create a log using the guidance in the pinned topics and forward it to JD for investigation.If you notice in the first shot the distances and heading to WPL also differ so it does look like a FMC problem of not being set correctly at your departure airport.
Nothing in my system has changed except the I havent used the Airbus series since i purchased Radar contact. From what i can work out, Radar contact vectors me towards the first waypoint but at a very shallow angle and I think that with the Airbus series FMC turns you back to a waypoint if you have gone over halfway past it without metting the flightpath line. When i engage the managed FMC mode before the halfway mark between the waypoints it follows the path fine. I do think i am having problems with the FMC at the gate also tho. I align the IRS however so i dont know what else it could be? any help would be appreciated.

Nothing in my system has changed except the I havent used the Airbus series since i purchased Radar contact. From what i can work out, Radar contact vectors me towards the first waypoint but at a very shallow angle and I think that with the Airbus series FMC turns you back to a waypoint if you have gone over halfway past it without metting the flightpath line. When i engage the managed FMC mode before the halfway mark between the waypoints it follows the path fine. I do think i am having problems with the FMC at the gate also tho. I align the IRS however so i dont know what else it could be? any help would be appreciated.
What does Radar contact vectors me towards the first waypoint but at a very shallow angle mean? It would help if you can provide a flightplan that is causing you problems and advise the waypoint in question.I think that with the Airbus series FMC turns you back to a waypoint if you have gone over halfway past it without metting the flightpath line.But a FMC should navigate your aircraft correctly over a waypoint. Otherwise it's pretty useless. What you need to avoid is a waypoint that is close to a preceeding one and turning towards it involves a large bank. That may be where the FMC is not overflying it.Either paste the plan in a message or attach it. And then advise which waypoint you aren't able to overfly. That should be a big clue.What are you using to generate your plans and does it create an identical plan for RC and your FMC?It's critical that the FMC is correctly aligned before you start pushback to ensure the aircraft position is correctly stored. Is this problem occuring with one plan or all of them?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest jaskanFactor

So many of us get this silly problem from certain wilco products, airbus sereies, and 777.I have found a solution that seems to work, so far anyway.1 - I always create my flight plan in fsx, so in cockpit load fsx flight plan to airbus fmc as normal.2 - Dont set depature runway, or anything to do with that, but Align IRS or wahtever its called as normalTo keep it short, if your flight plan shows any of those (TO T/C T/O etc), you gona have the problem.So when you done setting up fmc on the ground, the flight plan shows your waypoints only, without any of those T/c t/o then it should be fine.3 - Dont setup departure runway in fmc4 -dont touch anything to do with speed in FMC5 - Just setup init page 1 and 2, and your perfs. no dep runway, or speed, or vnav.If you follow this rules, your nav should be just fine, all the way to approach.Its obviouslly some stupid problem with wilco FMC, or some setup detail we yet to understand.If you just load your flight plan from fsx into fmc without trying to do much else, then it should be fine. But if at any point the flight plan in fmc starts to show t/c t/o etc, then the plane is gona go in circles.

Guest Philsphreak

Hi,From both of your screenshots it looks as if you don't have lateral nav engaged on the AP. In the Airbus, LNAV is engaged by pressing in the HDG button. After this, the course line will be solid green and not dotted green and the AP should turn you (sometimes abruptly and violently) onto the specified course. Hope this fixes your prob.

Problem Solved!!!Whenever the TOC marks come up, that is when the problem occurs. When you just enter the waypoints as you described above and nothing else, it works perfectly.I also find that it helps to engage the autopilot before you are more than half way to the first waypoint just to be certain.Thanks for everyones help with this, hugely appreciated.I celebrated with a flight from a busy Heathrow to Charles De Gualle in an Airbus A320 of Air France.

Problem Solved!!!Whenever the TOC marks come up, that is when the problem occurs. When you just enter the waypoints as you described above and nothing else, it works perfectly.I also find that it helps to engage the autopilot before you are more than half way to the first waypoint just to be certain.Thanks for everyones help with this, hugely appreciated.I celebrated with a flight from a busy Heathrow to Charles De Gualle in an Airbus A320 of Air France.
That's good to hear. :(

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather