Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tronjer

MD-11 Tutorial Question

Guest Tronjer

I have a problem about IRS failing. During setup for start I suddenly get the message 'IRU not align' and by switching to overhead panel I can see the 3 corresponding lights are flashing. This usually occurs first time after I entered FMS Nav/Radio page. I discovered that it's possible to fix by re-initializing IRS selectors (turning off <-> nav) but then I get a TCAS fail message and all nav points on ND disapear. They will eventually come up again after a while and I still didn't find out if this rely on time or my actions. Anyway, after a while the IRS error occurs again, usually 3-4x during start setup and I have to repeat the initialize process. Wonder what would happen if I simply ignore it.I off course followed the tutorial step-by-step and initialized IRS already at beginning. Maybe I missed something or my brand new MD-11 is already broken?

Did you initialize IRS using the MCDU? Or did you just turn the knobs (since you said 're-initializing IRS selectors (turning off <-> nav')? That's not initializing. You've got to turn the knobs and then Initialize IRS on the FL-INIT page.2hmd8yg.png

Guest Tronjer

Thank you Jeroen. :)I forgot to initialize in FMC. Now as I did the error message disapeared.