Sign in to follow this  
Flaps30

NickN's Tweaks and FSX New Install

I just got NickN's tweaking document for FSX and it says its important to install FSX first, close it, reboot, then install Acceleration. I installed FSX and Acceleration before getting the tweaking steps and I can remember shutting down FSX before installing Acceleration but I can't remember restarting the computer. Does anyone know if the rebooting step is critical enough that I should uninstall/reinstall both? Also, I can't remember any reference to installing the SDKs Thanks. Tom

Guest Nick_N
I just got NickN's tweaking document for FSX and it says its important to install FSX first, close it, reboot, then install Acceleration. I installed FSX and Acceleration before getting the tweaking steps and I can remember shutting down FSX before installing Acceleration but I can't remember restarting the computer. Does anyone know if the rebooting step is critical enough that I should uninstall/reinstall both? Also, I can't remember any reference to installing the SDKs Thanks. Tom
Tom you are most likely fine.. the reboot step is to clear the memory and ensure a clean as possible environment exists right after installing FSX which is a massive install. It also ensures all registry entries for file locations are initialized in the reboot process.If you are not seeing any issues which would make you question the install I would say you are probably fine however in the future I would not skip that step just to make sure the installtion is ready for the next patch

Tom you are most likely fine.. the reboot step is to clear the memory and ensure a clean as possible environment exists right after installing FSX which is a massive install. It also ensures all registry entries for file locations are initialized in the reboot process.If you are not seeing any issues which would make you question the install I would say you are probably fine however in the future I would not skip that step just to make sure the installtion is ready for the next patch
Thanks Nick! Regards, Tom