Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest manniko

Two Graphic Cards better than one?

Hi Gents,I am planning to add one more graphic card (GTX 285) to the existing one. My 1. Question:will there be a notivable increase of performance wit 2 graphic cards?My 2. Question:are there any objections against usinig VISTA 64 bit or WinXP 64 bit for FSX ? Any comments are highly appreciated. Greetings from the saudi arabian desert.Manfred H. Kohl ( Riyadh OERK )

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Gents,I am planning to add one more graphic card (GTX 285) to the existing one. My 1. Question:will there be a notivable increase of performance wit 2 graphic cards?My 2. Question:are there any objections against usinig VISTA 64 bit or WinXP 64 bit for FSX ? Any comments are highly appreciated. Greetings from the saudi arabian desert.Manfred H. Kohl ( Riyadh OERK )
1. No. Has been confirmed many times. FS 9 and X is more CPU than GPU bound.2. No, if all drivers for your hardware are available. I'm running XP64 without any problems.

1. No. Has been confirmed many times. FS 9 and X is more CPU than GPU bound.2. No, if all drivers for your hardware are available. I'm running XP64 without any problems.
Second that of the above poster. there is NO benefit at all to using 2 cards. But cram AS MUCH CPU into your rig as you can. :)