Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest CX355

Not Loading

Purchased the ASA upgrade yesterday, it opened just fine. Flew one flight, loaded the Guage and now nothing. I get the white box with nothing in it followed by a message that ASA has encountered a problem........I then reloaded program using repair, unloaded gauge and still nothing.Any ideas on this? Thank You Vincent

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Purchased the ASA upgrade yesterday, it opened just fine. Flew one flight, loaded the Guage. Went to use it today now nothing. I get a white box with nothing in it(where you would normally see program stuff) followed by a message that ASA has encountered a problem........I then removed the program reloaded and still nothing.Any ideas on this? Thank You Vincent

Hi,Sorry for the problem.What I would like you to try is to uninstall X Gauge and then ASA. Reinstall ASA and just run that and see what happens. Please report back when you get a chance.Thanks,

Hi,Sorry for the problem.What I would like you to try is to uninstall X Gauge and then ASA. Reinstall ASA and just run that and see what happens. Please report back when you get a chance.Thanks,
Hi Jim, Okay I did as you requested, nothing changed. I have infact tried this several times w/no effect. When I down loaded it last night I had no problems with the program and even flew a flight. That was w/out the gauge. I then installed the gauge which was working until I restarted FS9.and ASA. I read the threads ( I am using FS9) pertaining to FSX w/ those experiencing simaliar problems I too thought it was the gauge.My next step was to totally remove the product all files etc. except ASV6.5 which I have installed, reload the product and start anew. I have been unable to get the program to launch since initial install????? This problem has me confused....Vincent

Hi Jim, Okay I did as you requested, nothing changed. I have infact tried this several times w/no effect. When I down loaded it last night I had no problems with the program and even flew a flight. That was w/out the gauge. I then installed the gauge which was working until I restarted FS9.and ASA. I read the threads ( I am using FS9) pertaining to FSX w/ those experiencing simaliar problems I too thought it was the gauge.My next step was to totally remove the product all files etc. except ASV6.5 which I have installed, reload the product and start anew. I have been unable to get the program to launch since initial install????? This problem has me confused....Vincent
PS..XP All SP to date

Hi,This is perplexing because ASA doesn't even begin to run.Uninstall again, but this time manually delete the ASA folder in the install path and the folder in the Documents and Settings/User Name/Application Data/HiFi/ASA path.Then re-install.Thanks,

Hi,This is perplexing because ASA doesn't even begin to run.Uninstall again, but this time manually delete the ASA folder in the install path and the folder in the Documents and Settings/User Name/Application Data/HiFi/ASA path.Then re-install.Thanks,
Jim, I am not sure exactly what you mean "delete the ASA folder in the install path" where is that or what is that....as for the second part do I delete the entire ASA folder or only parts of it's contents? Vincent

Jim, I am not sure exactly what you mean "delete the ASA folder in the install path" where is that or what is that....as for the second part do I delete the entire ASA folder or only parts of it's contents? Vincent
See the attached, this is what I am seeing in Documents and settings and pretaining to my question...V

Hi,First, use the Add/Remove Software Screen in Control Panel.However, there will be two places where there will still be some files in ASA folders left behind.One place will be in the install path where you installed ASA. I can't tell you the exact path.The other will be in Documents and Settings/User Name/Application Data/HiFiBoth folders are called ASA.Delete the whole folder in both cases.Thanks,

Hi,First, use the Add/Remove Software Screen in Control Panel.However, there will be two places where there will still be some files in ASA folders left behind.One place will be in the install path where you installed ASA. I can't tell you the exact path.The other will be in Documents and Settings/User Name/Application Data/HiFiBoth folders are called ASA.Delete the whole folder in both cases.Thanks,

Jim, I went back and deleted any and all files manually...anywhere I could find them, and it worked,(although have done this before..?) HOWEVER, it started two times for me and then went back to not loading, I attempted to load it after starting FS Auto start, which I do before each flight it failed to load. I then uninstalled the program and reinstalled it with FS Auto start still running in the background...I did not reboot during this procedure. ASA is currently running..I will get back w/you tomorrow. This is really strange but maybe you can conclude something from this. I personally do not think FS Autostart has anything to do with the problem ......Vincent

Hi,FSAuto Start may be closing some Windows processes that are needed by our program. I would suggest not running for awhile and keep using ASA and see what happens.Thanks,

Hi,FSAuto Start may be closing some Windows processes that are needed by our program. I would suggest not running for awhile and keep using ASA and see what happens.Thanks,
Jim, I will forward a screen shot of FSAuto start after my flight and see if there is anything on there you would recognize as a potential problem. Since last night I have had no more problems w/ program loading even w/ FSA-start loaded...HOWEVER, I am unable to load the map in ASA. When I hit areas on the screen wx info will appear in print, but there are NO graphics being shown. I did load the Xguage (radar) and that too will not come up using the default keys, this includes the Default Cessna..It will appear if I use the FS Menu method, but that for me is a way I choose to avoid. When I loaded it (XGauge), only the Capt sim 757 and the PMDG 737-700,800 were listed as unable to load the Gauge. Last I have a question about ASA, I am alittle confused with the graphics portion, With ASv6.5 I had the option to use GEPro or stay w/ ASV6.5 graphics, is this option still viable in ASA? and if so how do I use those ASV6.5 graphics/textures as opposed to GEPro? Does ASA have it's own graphics as ASV6.5 did? :(

Jim, I will forward a screen shot of FSAuto start after my flight and see if there is anything on there you would recognize as a potential problem. Since last night I have had no more problems w/ program loading even w/ FSA-start loaded...HOWEVER, I am unable to load the map in ASA. When I hit areas on the screen wx info will appear in print, but there are NO graphics being shown. I did load the Xguage (radar) and that too will not come up using the default keys, this includes the Default Cessna..It will appear if I use the FS Menu method, but that for me is a way I choose to avoid. When I loaded it (XGauge), only the Capt sim 757 and the PMDG 737-700,800 were listed as unable to load the Gauge. Last I have a question about ASA, I am alittle confused with the graphics portion, With ASv6.5 I had the option to use GEPro or stay w/ ASV6.5 graphics, is this option still viable in ASA? and if so how do I use those ASV6.5 graphics/textures as opposed to GEPro? :(

Hi,A few others had this same problem with the Map screen and if I remember, it has something to do with their Windows settings and showing things in high contrast. Even the border of ASA should be a dark blue color, not light blue.If GEP is installed on the same machine as ASA you can get the 2 programs to communicate to chose ground textures. I don't know if you have GEP installed on the same machine though.You can use the ASv6.5 graphics through the ASA Snapshot feature. You can auto generate some snapshots from the Graphics screen using the Extended Integration icon and ASA will generate some snapshots using the graphics from ASv6.5, if you still have it installed. Then when you process a plan in ASA you will be given the option of installing a Snapshot, based on the weather conditions from your route.Thanks,

Hi,A few others had this same problem with the Map screen and if I remember, it has something to do with their Windows settings and showing things in high contrast. Even the border of ASA should be a dark blue color, not light blue.If GEP is installed on the same machine as ASA you can get the 2 programs to communicate to chose ground textures. I don't know if you have GEP installed on the same machine though.You can use the ASv6.5 graphics through the ASA Snapshot feature. You can auto generate some snapshots from the Graphics screen using the Extended Integration icon and ASA will generate some snapshots using the graphics from ASv6.5, if you still have it installed. Then when you process a plan in ASA you will be given the option of installing a Snapshot, based on the weather conditions from your route.Thanks,
Jim, Thanks, I will experiment w/ windows settings and see what developes..The program has not had any loading problems now for the last 5 or 6 times, hopefully that part of it is over. I still cannot get the ATIS voice 122.0 to work, no big deal as it probably won't work w/ RCV....as for the remaining items, I do still have ASV 6.5 and GE pro installed and they will remain. I will go back and read the manual again, I guess I am confused as to what snapshot is all about, probably still in ASV6.5 mind frame. I will carefully look over all you sent me here and play around. Vincent

OK thanks. Ask further questions as they come up!Thanks,

OK thanks. Ask further questions as they come up!Thanks,
Hi Jim, me again...well after many successful starts ASA hit the no load problem again, was able to reinstall after two attempts the briefing map program still will not work, and the Xguage will not come up using the shift-N or #5, only through the menu, last time I installed the Xguage had 125 out of 127 planes load, this reinstall only 3 out of 127, that really has me wondering. There has to be something in there that does not like me :( I have tried evrything I can think of, this is a first for me. Maybe you will be able to come up w/ a solution at some point, I am still trying to figure out the Snap shot idea and how that works..also see attached, I am unable to read the info which comes up as it blends with the background. Does this picture/attachment look as it should? Thank you as always Vincent

Hi Jim, me again...well after many successful starts ASA hit the no load problem again, was able to reinstall after two attempts the briefing map program still will not work, and the Xguage will not come up using the shift-N or #5, only through the menu, last time I installed the Xguage had 125 out of 127 planes load, this reinstall only 3 out of 127, that really has me wondering. There has to be something in there that does not like me :( I have tried evrything I can think of, this is a first for me. Maybe you will be able to come up w/ a solution at some point, I am still trying to figure out the Snap shot idea and how that works..also see attached, I am unable to read the info which comes up as it blends with the background. Does this picture/attachment look as it should? Thank you as always Vincent
Jim, got the XGauge to work found the problem there...my stupid fault..sorry on that one...

Hi,OK good! What did you do to fix this?No, your ASA does not look right. It should have a dark blue border. I'll bet you don't see anything on the Map screen also.What specific questions do you have about the Snapshot system?Thanks,

Hi,OK good! What did you do to fix this?No, your ASA does not look right. It should have a dark blue border. I'll bet you don't see anything on the Map screen also.What specific questions do you have about the Snapshot system?Thanks,
I even hesitate to tell you, but I deleted all key assignments in FS9 a long time ago and use FSUIPC almost exclusively. I found the default key in FS9 for the Xguage (shift-N for window 4) and then assigned it, I then went through acrft CFG to find the window XG was assigned for each acrft type and then reassigned my own key assigments according to each acrft through FSUIPC. I was assuming that your XG was like FSNav, etc. and had a key assigned that FS9 was not using. I did not realize it was a FS9 key in use.As for my rendition of ASA colors I don't know why mine would not look like yours, true I have given my own colors for windows (internet options, color), but I am using the default Blue or Silver found in XP. I have experimented with both XP default and the old windows classic colors which you can use in XP, and none of them make a difference. Yes, I do not see the map at all, my pointer if it hits a VOR station or something the print will show. See one of the above attachments.Regarding snapshot, I think I understand the concept I just don't know how to implement ASV6 textures in conjunction with ASA. Maybe a set of picture instructions would be useful in manual for those like me who may well understand FS stuff but maybe a little short on average computer knowledge. I wish I could solve the map issue, I think if my colors were correct, my last problem mentioned yesterday (w/ attachment) would solve itself. I think you have a winner here, just a few things nn resolving, I have always thought that most problems encountered are user problems not softwear bugs. I suspect that may well be the case here, but as I said, I have never had a problem which I could not solve with alittle help/direction, this one has me stumped. As always Thank you, Vincent

I even hesitate to tell you, but I deleted all key assignments in FS9 a long time ago and use FSUIPC almost exclusively. I found the default key in FS9 for the Xguage (shift-N for window 4) and then assigned it, I then went through acrft CFG to find the window XG was assigned for each acrft type and then reassigned my own key assigments according to each acrft through FSUIPC. I was assuming that your XG was like FSNav, etc. and had a key assigned that FS9 was not using. I did not realize it was a FS9 key in use.As for my rendition of ASA colors I don't know why mine would not look like yours, true I have given my own colors for windows (internet options, color), but I am using the default Blue or Silver found in XP. I have experimented with both XP default and the old windows classic colors which you can use in XP, and none of them make a difference. Yes, I do not see the map at all, my pointer if it hits a VOR station or something the print will show. See one of the above attachments.Regarding snapshot, I think I understand the concept I just don't know how to implement ASV6 textures in conjunction with ASA. Maybe a set of picture instructions would be useful in manual for those like me who may well understand FS stuff but maybe a little short on average computer knowledge. I wish I could solve the map issue, I think if my colors were correct, my last problem mentioned yesterday (w/ attachment) would solve itself. I think you have a winner here, just a few things nn resolving, I have always thought that most problems encountered are user problems not softwear bugs. I suspect that may well be the case here, but as I said, I have never had a problem which I could not solve with alittle help/direction, this one has me stumped. As always Thank you, Vincent
Back to square one, it won't load once again, must be the Xguage and/or ASV6.5 interference....

Jim, plz read last entry as well, I did another total uninstall, downloaded ASA for the 3rd time and reloaded and all problems remain. I will leave you with all I have documented in previous threads, if there is any further info you would like regarding my system which you think may help you solve this delimna let me know. I can do nothing more that I can think of on my end. Thank you Vincent