Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Deaf Pilot

Some kind of loadbalancer problem?

Hey Christian, whats this mean to you? Had this thing working beautifully, and then for no apparent reason, it starts doing this and will not load any scenery properly. Tried replacing the proxyuser with one that I knew was a good one, and tried deleting my cache (all 7GB of it) but it still does this, and I've even tried removing everything and reinstalling - still does it. Any ideas?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hey Christian, whats this mean to you? Had this thing working beautifully, and then for no apparent reason, it starts doing this and will not load any scenery properly. Tried replacing the proxyuser with one that I knew was a good one, and tried deleting my cache (all 7GB of it) but it still does this, and I've even tried removing everything and reinstalling - still does it. Any ideas?
A syntax error parsing proxyuser.ini - most likely because the module_config line has been word-wrapped by your text editor.Christian

A syntax error parsing proxyuser.ini - most likely because the module_config line has been word-wrapped by your text editor.Christian
I checked that out too after I read your FAQ... didn't make a difference. Thats why I tried replacing the proxyuser several times. I'll check again.

I checked that out too after I read your FAQ... didn't make a difference. Thats why I tried replacing the proxyuser several times. I'll check again.
Tried it again - disabled word wrap, installed a new copy of proxyuser that is known to work in the past, and it still does it.

Grr this is so frustrating... I dont understand why it doesnt work anymore. I didn't even mess with anything and all of a sudden it's not working at all.Here's something different though... when I tried diskless mode ON, it seemed to work. However, the next time I fired it up, NOTHING worked... back to the old loadbalancer messages. I can't figure this out because nothing was touched to make it act like this. FSX is boring without TileProxy :)

Okay... I think I got it solved... it seemed to come from the fact that I was using a start menu "shortcut", which, I think, was using the same, unupdated/unchanged proxyuser file, so all of my chances were not working.Using an actual shortcut instead of what actually turned out to be a copy of the file on my menu, that seems to do the trick. However, in the process of reinstalling, I think I may have changed a setting somewhere that makes it take an extraordinary long time to load... it has been sitting at 35-36% for the last 5 minutes (my entire load sequence with TileProxy used to only take maybe 2 minutes at a new place that I had no cache for). What directly affects how long it takes to load a flight?