Sign in to follow this  
Alado

problems entering STARS in the MD 11 FMC ?

Hello allWhen I enter a Star in the FMC , in the F PLAN page I get mixed points no logical continuity from the last route waypoint and the points from the STAR ? I need to CLR a lot of mixed points and lot of discontinuities ? even the arrival airport ? Do not understand as I click the good star at the Line of the airport left buttom as indicated in the manual . Do you have any advise and help please how to do to avoid that ? Much obliged RegardsPatrick

Guest manniko
Hello allWhen I enter a Star in the FMC , in the F PLAN page I get mixed points no logical continuity from the last route waypoint and the points from the STAR ? I need to CLR a lot of mixed points and lot of discontinuities ? even the arrival airport ? Do not understand as I click the good star at the Line of the airport left buttom as indicated in the manual . Do you have any advise and help please how to do to avoid that ? Much obliged RegardsPatrick
Hi Patrick,that happens all the time if you are adding the STAR on the Airport line button !!! You should use the waypoint just before the destination airport as explained in the testflight from PMDG EGLL to LSZH !! Also here sometimes you will get a line with "flight plan discontinued' but you have only to clear one line at most. Happy landing. Regards from the desert. Manfred H. Kohl (Riyadh OERK)

When I enter a Star in the FMC , in the F PLAN page I get mixed points no logical continuity from the last route waypoint and the points from the STAR ? I need to CLR a lot of mixed points and lot of discontinuities ? even the arrival airport ? Do not understand as I click the good star at the Line of the airport left buttom as indicated in the manual .
Where in the manual? Can't imagine this is mentioned somewhere in the manuals. Read FMS-manual page 40.52 and further. I think the instructions are quite clear.There sould be no discontinuities if you enter the star at the transition intersection of your selected approach.

Hi Patrick,that happens all the time if you are adding the STAR on the Airport line button !!! You should use the waypoint just before the destination airport as explained in the testflight from PMDG EGLL to LSZH !! Also here sometimes you will get a line with "flight plan discontinued' but you have only to clear one line at most. Happy landing. Regards from the desert. Manfred H. Kohl (Riyadh OERK)
helloMany thanks for you fast reply I forgot that detail !! I will try that tonight right away !! and during the event !! regards from Paris Eiffel Tower VOR !!!! :( Patrick
Where in the manual? Can't imagine this is mentioned somewhere in the manuals. Read FMS-manual page 40.52 and further. I think the instructions are quite clear.There sould be no discontinuities if you enter the star at the transition intersection of your selected approach.
HyeOk thanks I will check again this page regardsPatrick