Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OldBadger

Voxatc server crash with .net 2.0 runtime error

I am currently getting a periodic crash with VOXATC which results in a .net 2.0 runtime error with Event ID 1000. FSX continues ok afterwards and I can restart VOXATC and continue the flight but I would really like to solve the problem.Other details of crash below:-'Faulting application voxatcserver.exe, version 1.0.3196.22384, stamp 48e36c60, faulting module kernel32.dll, version 5.1.2600.5512, stamp 4802a12c, debug? 0, fault address 0x00012aeb.'System specs are FSX SP2, VOXATC 5.55, XP SP3, .net framework 2.0 + SP1, .net framework 3.0 + SP1, .net framework 3.5.I did notice an old hotfix regarding .net 2.0 but I have assumed that the SP1 patch for .net 2.0 will already have this included.Any thoughts on solving this crash would be really welcome.Thanks in advance.OldBadger

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Just an update to say that I have had a response through the official voxatc channels and am I also working on a potential solution which may cure my problem. I will report my findings on here if it works. Just thought I should also recognise the efforts from voxatc support via Tegwyn.OldBadger

This is just for the record in case anybody else experiences similar problems.The problem appeared to be related to how I was using FSX and the interaction of various other products. To cut a long story short I was using FSCommander (FSC) to create flight plans on a networked machine and then saving them on the main FSX machine where I then flew these flight plans many times over.I also have ASX for weather (ASA as well but I have stopped using that until SP1 is available for it) and I would use this to give the latest real world weather which was also running on another remote machine.I would generally follow the process of load weather from ASX, start FSX, 'free flight' in FSX, select my aircarft (Carenado Mooney FSX) and then select the flight plan and go fly. Most of the time this was ok but occasionally I ended up with this problem type flight which was difficult to cure. The last time I ended up with a complete reinstall of everything (Windows, FSx ...) - took days :)The cure for the problem this time was simply to resave the flight plan from the FSC machine just before each flight and ever since then I have had no more problems. Clearly something had corrupted the flight plan and VOXATC was unfortunately the programme that highlighted the failure although I do not think the problem was ever a VOXATC one.Hopefully this may help others if they have an issue like mine in the future.OldBadger