Sign in to follow this  
newtie

frame rate 1/2

Hi-I installed the program and it runs fine except that when in full-screen mode, the frame rate drops to 15 vs. the default 30 which appears in window mode. I've tried adjusting AG from full on to full off with no effect. Any ideas?Thanks,Markps. This is the FSX optimizer a few topics down...

Guest jshyluk
Hi-I installed the program and it runs fine except that when in full-screen mode, the frame rate drops to 15 vs. the default 30 which appears in window mode. I've tried adjusting AG from full on to full off with no effect. Any ideas?Thanks,Markps. This is the FSX optimizer a few topics down...
This might sound like a flip answer, but don't fly in full-screen mode then! From what I know, a fair percentage of users will have big differences between full-screen and windowed mode. I don't know why, I just accept it. My system does the same thing as yours. I only fly in windowed mode now, the opposite of FS9. The other thing you can try is locking your frame rate versus leaving it unlocked. Jeff ShylukSenior Staff ReviewerAVSIM

Guest midibyte01
I take it this is from the FPS Limiter program? Yep, I have the same problem. I gave up on it. I increased the default FPS to 60 and got my cap of 30 fps, but my overall frame rate was less than if I went without it. I have no idea what is up with that.Scott

This might sound like a flip answer, but don't fly in full-screen mode then! From what I know, a fair percentage of users will have big differences between full-screen and windowed mode. I don't know why, I just accept it. My system does the same thing as yours. I only fly in windowed mode now, the opposite of FS9. The other thing you can try is locking your frame rate versus leaving it unlocked. Jeff ShylukSenior Staff ReviewerAVSIM
Hey Jeff-In window mode I get tears and wiggles a small amount of the time so if full screen is available, I'll use it. Also, this has to do with the FSX optimizer a few posts down.
I take it this is from the FPS Limiter program? Yep, I have the same problem. I gave up on it. I increased the default FPS to 60 and got my cap of 30 fps, but my overall frame rate was less than if I went without it. I have no idea what is up with that.Scott
I'll try the 60fps setting and see what happens and let you know.

Guest jshyluk
Hey Jeff-In window mode I get tears and wiggles a small amount of the time so if full screen is available, I'll use it. Also, this has to do with the FSX optimizer a few posts down.I'll try the 60fps setting and see what happens and let you know.
D'oh, I mean to say something about that, but somehow didn't. The only other thing I can suggest on top of the other stuff is to experiment with your video card output, either with the drivers or with the utility that comes with the drivers. Personally, I hate doing that, as there is a large risk for aggravation coupled to a small chance for reward.Jeff ShylukSenior Staff ReviewerAVSIM