Sign in to follow this  
wsieffert

All sounds gone

Some help from the esteemed group of individuals here in this forum. I have lost all sounds within FS2002. All other sounds outside of the sim are fine. I have no idea how this happened. I did D/L the flightOne Cardinal a few evenings ago but have not fired up the sim until this morning. I know I should be looking in the FS2002 config file and this is what it has:[sOUND]SOUND=1SOUND_FADER1=0.670000SOUND_FADER2=0.400000SOUND_FADER3=0.660000SOUND_FADER4=0.800000SOUND_FADER5=0.640000SOUND_FADER6=0.800000SOUND_QUALITY=2Flying without sounds just don't cut it! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Scott,Are you sure that the loss of sound is only in MSFS? There are a number of explanations that might arise if you are having problems that are not specific to FS.Mike

If you are only missing ATC voices see http://forums.avsim.com/dcboard.php?az=sho...sg_id=61&page=2First, the obvious, start fs2002, let it stabilize, then press the "Q" key one time.Second, press start, run, type dxdiag, OK. Let directx diagnostic stabilize, select the sound tab, and use the test button.Third, open fs2002modules folder and ensure sound.dll is present. If not, retrieve from your fs2002 CDs using an unzipping program.Fourth, open fs2002sound folder and double-click on some of the *.wav files. If they don't play through Windows Media Player or some other player, then you have basic sound problems. Open your sound mixer and ensure the Wave sounds is enabled and its amplitude bar is maxed.