Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hello Support,I still run FS9.I have been using the ASv6.5 for quite a while now and consider to buy the ASA version. I have read the information about ASA and looked through the comparison table.I really can't see any significant differences between the two products as regards how the "weather engine" affect the aircraft's behaviour.To be more specific; during a hard cross wind landing or in common landing during heavy wind with gusts and turbulence one can see how an ACdances through the final approach down to landing. This is due to wind conditions rather than bad pilotship. I have no sucsess so far achieving that kind of simulation with or without ASv6.5.As I understand FS has some limited functionality for such simulation, as FS creates abnormal wind shifts etc. This is more or less removed by settings/configuration of ASv.6.5 and/or within FSUIPC.I find the wind conditions allways to be far too kind when on final. Even by crosswind landing when my AC drifts laterally as it approaches the runway, the flight path is allways a straight line, no sudden side forces or up or down drafts.. I miss the gusts and turbulence that makes the landing more challenging - more like real landings.How is this simulated in ASA? And are there any differences between the ASv.6.5 and ASA in the way forces due to weather affect the AC? I would appreciate any comments on this,Cheers,Carl

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Carl,Thanks for your interest in ASA.We have worked on this, but I am not sure you would find the results to your liking or not. I'll let others post their findings in this area.Thanks,