Sign in to follow this  
Guest kdescente1156

Resetting all FSUIPC and FS9 control assignments

Guest kdescente1156

Hi all,Over the course of several addon installations and setting them up (aircraft, that is), I've found that i have a few badly misconfigured control assignments- fairly complicated through registered FSUIPC. Specifically, it appears Ive got an FSUIPC rudder control assignment that for the life of me- I cant not find. Is there a simple .cfg modification i can make to reset all FS9 assignments and FSUIPC assigments to default so I can start from scratch- this time with a master list?Thanks in advance!!

You can backup then delete the original copies of your fs9.cfg in your %appdata% microsoft\fs9 folder and your fsuipc.ini in microsoft flight simulator 9\modules and then start fs9 and both will be regenerated with the defaults. All the control assignments are written at the end of the fs9.cfg, so you can copy the assignments and paste them over the assignments in your original copy (this way you will retain any other tweaks in fs9.cfg). You can do the same thing in fsuipc.ini (it's pretty clear where the axis and button assignments are in fsuipc.ini if you want to keep some of your other settings such as weather).scott s..

Guest kdescente1156
You can backup then delete the original copies of your fs9.cfg in your %appdata% microsoft\fs9 folder and your fsuipc.ini in microsoft flight simulator 9\modules and then start fs9 and both will be regenerated with the defaults. All the control assignments are written at the end of the fs9.cfg, so you can copy the assignments and paste them over the assignments in your original copy (this way you will retain any other tweaks in fs9.cfg). You can do the same thing in fsuipc.ini (it's pretty clear where the axis and button assignments are in fsuipc.ini if you want to keep some of your other settings such as weather).scott s..
Thank you for your reply- I'll give that a shot. :(