Sign in to follow this  
Guest Climb1

Problem installing FS9 744/744F liveries

Guest Climb1

Hi all I have a problem which I have been spending the last 3 nights trying to resolve.....with no joy! :( I have owned the PMDG 744 & 744F models for FS9 for nearly a year now. I downloaded a few add on liveries from the PMDG site straight away and have been using them from the start with no issues at all. The other day I thought it would be good to add to my fleet and I downloaded a few aircraft from Avsim. Of course these need to be manually installed (as opposed to PMDG's .exe files) which seemed fairly easy to do. So I put the texture folders into the relevant "PMDG-texture" folder. Made the entry into the associated aircraft.cfg file ensuring it is in numerical order.....and......nothing! Once I load up FS9 the new aircraft do not appear! Luckily my existing aircraft still run fine but the new ones do not show up at all. Yesterday I even tried to install some more of PMDGs own add on liveries as a test but now these also dont seem to show up at all after installation! After every installation I have checked the texture folders and aircraft.cfg and the new aircraft are there. But they still do not show up in the sim menu (and I have checked under ALL manufacturers, just in case)I have checked and double checked that the new additions are for FS9 and not FSX! I have tried to install several 744 AND 744F models and I have problems with both.Any suggestions would be very much appreciatedMany thanks in advanceWayne

Wayne.I'm guessing that you have an error in your manually entered aircraft config information. Even adding PMDG supplied repaints after your manual addition will not work until you fix the error. I suggest you first make a backup of your aircraft config file then remove every thing starting with your manually added info. You will then install one of the PMDG supplied repaints and if this works then the problem is indeed a mangled config file.One of the quarks of FS is that you MUST use unique names for your livery or they and any subsequent livery will not show.PetePMDG Graphic Designer

Hi all I have a problem which I have been spending the last 3 nights trying to resolve.....with no joy! :( I have owned the PMDG 744 & 744F models for FS9 for nearly a year now. I downloaded a few add on liveries from the PMDG site straight away and have been using them from the start with no issues at all. The other day I thought it would be good to add to my fleet and I downloaded a few aircraft from Avsim. Of course these need to be manually installed (as opposed to PMDG's .exe files) which seemed fairly easy to do. So I put the texture folders into the relevant "PMDG-texture" folder. Made the entry into the associated aircraft.cfg file ensuring it is in numerical order.....and......nothing! Once I load up FS9 the new aircraft do not appear! Luckily my existing aircraft still run fine but the new ones do not show up at all. Yesterday I even tried to install some more of PMDGs own add on liveries as a test but now these also dont seem to show up at all after installation! After every installation I have checked the texture folders and aircraft.cfg and the new aircraft are there. But they still do not show up in the sim menu (and I have checked under ALL manufacturers, just in case)I have checked and double checked that the new additions are for FS9 and not FSX! I have tried to install several 744 AND 744F models and I have problems with both.Any suggestions would be very much appreciatedMany thanks in advanceWayne

Guest Climb1
Wayne.I'm guessing that you have an error in your manually entered aircraft config information. Even adding PMDG supplied repaints after your manual addition will not work until you fix the error. I suggest you first make a backup of your aircraft config file then remove every thing starting with your manually added info. You will then install one of the PMDG supplied repaints and if this works then the problem is indeed a mangled config file.One of the quarks of FS is that you MUST use unique names for your livery or they and any subsequent livery will not show.PetePMDG Graphic Designer
Hi Pete, thanks for your reply. :( Luckily I remembered to save a copy of the entire PMDG747-400 and PMDG747-400F folders before trying the latest add ons. So I replaced the current aircraft.cfg files of both folders with the old (pre-add on) state ones. I also got rid of the add on texture folders so the entire setup was basically back in the state it was before I tried the additions. This didnt work as the aircraft still didnt show up.Then I removed both the current PMDG747-400 & PMDG747-400F folders and replaced them with the pre addon backups I made earler. Unfortunately the problem is still the same.I tried reinstalling 2 of the PMDG add ons I tried a few days ago, but with no joy. So I returned the setup back and downloaded and tried installing two totally different PMDG liveries (on for 744 and one for 744F) and still with no joy.Its very strange as my existing a/c are fine (im relieved to say) but no matter what I am not allowed to add more aircraft. They fully appear in the .cfg files in order but nothing appears on FS9. :( Any further suggestions would be much appreciated. Many thanks Wayne

Guest Climb1

(I was trying to edit my previous post but no joy)Another thing I have just noticed which I thought I should add....I tried uninstalling my original add on liveries that I added after I first purchased the a/c. I used the uninstall tool in Control Panel to get rid of the add ons and I also manually deleted the relevant texture folder and entry in the aircraft.cfg.Interestingly the deleted aircraft still appear in the aircraft list on FS. Albeit without textures. But a full working aircraft appears and loads up when on fire up FS.Strange as I assumed this wouldnt happen if I removed the aircraft from the aircraft.cfg list.......... :(