Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

danp01851

In-Flight values for tiles per second?

I have a AMD Phenom 9850 overclocked slightly to around 2650Mhz. The Tileproxy manual says with an AMD Phenom I should be getting 600-1000 tiles per second during flight. I don't get anywhere close to this-- I am usually around 80 tiles per second. I use CoreTemp32 to monitor my CPU usage and TileProxy loads up 3 of my cores to the max but my tiles per second accesses hardly ever goes over 100 during flight. If I pause FSX and let Tileproxy load everything up, those 3 cores will drop down to 0-20% usage. When loading a flight though the tiles per second will go much higher to the 600-1000 range. My load times in FSX are very fast. I am a bit unsatisfied with the load times of the tiles; I have to pause FSX a lot to let TileProxy catch up so I was suspicious with my low tile per second values. But seeing as how 3 of my cores get totally maxed out and my CPU temperature goes up to 49C I don't see how I can get TileProxy to have any better performance. Is anyone out there seeing tile accesses per second in the 600-1000 range during flight like the manual says? Or does anyone have a similar CPU as mine? If so what is your tiles per second rate like?Thanks

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Nevermind! I was trying out that FPS_Limiter tool that was posted about in the main FSX Forum. Do NOT use that tool if you are using TileProxy! It says to set FSX to unlimited frame rate and let the tool limit the frame rate, but whenever FSX is set to unlimited frame rate it kills Tileproxy's frame loading. With FPS limit set in game I am getting good tile access numbers such as 400+ per second.So lesson learned, don't set in game UNLIMITED frames per second even when using that FPS_Limiter tool!!!

Nevermind! I was trying out that FPS_Limiter tool that was posted about in the main FSX Forum. Do NOT use that tool if you are using TileProxy! It says to set FSX to unlimited frame rate and let the tool limit the frame rate, but whenever FSX is set to unlimited frame rate it kills Tileproxy's frame loading. With FPS limit set in game I am getting good tile access numbers such as 400+ per second.So lesson learned, don't set in game UNLIMITED frames per second even when using that FPS_Limiter tool!!!
that FPS limiter tool sends the FSX main thread to sleep (CPU idle) to delay rendering of the next frame.This means that this thread cannot do any background work, such as loading and updating tiles.Christian