Sign in to follow this  
ZippinZim

Crackling Environment Sounds in MD-11

Hi all. I'm having some sound issues with the FS9 PMDG MD-11 (a crackling sound to be specific). Now I will say that they just started when I changed out my motherboard and therefore the sound card (using on board sound), but it only happens when I'm flying the PMDG MD-11. If I go into the MSFS sound menu and un check the "Environment" the crackling (and the environment sounds) go away. I still hear engine noise and everything else just fine.System specs as follows:Gigabyte EP45T-UD3P MotherboardIntel E7400 Core2Duo 2.8GHz4GB RAMWindows XP Home (32-Bit )In the FS9 settings, I have selected "High" sound quality. DirectX sound tests are all good and I have no other sound issues anywhere else in FS9 or other software.Any help would be greatly appreciated!!Jeff Zimmerman

Okay, I did search for the issue before posting, but I was searching "crackling" and not "distortion". I found another thread where the issue was described (more appropriately) as distortion rather than my un-scientific "crackling". Anyway, it seems there's a sound issue when you have your frame rate slider at unlimited (as mine was). I moved it down to 50 FPS and the distortion seemed to go away or to at least reduce in volume to where I cannot detect the "crackles" as easily. It still sounds a little funny to me, so please let me know if any of you have the same issues and a sure-fire way to correct the issue. Thanks again!Jeff Zimmerman

Hi Jeff,Try reducing it to 30 fps to see if that helps - 50 fps may still be too high for your system.Thanks,Armen

Boeing777_Banner_DevTeam.jpg

Armen L Cholakian
PMDG Sound Engineer