Sign in to follow this  
Guest rdunn6

Really Hopeless. It doesn't work!

Guest rdunn6

I just purchased Vox Atc 5.5 Deluxe version. I've installed it, run the ENTIRE voice recognition readings. I tried the training and it gets me to the point of starting the taxi and then there is no further communication. You cannot use the frequencies on the help sheet. The ones given you are different. I wonder if my system is too old to run this? I wouldn't think so as it runs FSX as nicely as coud be. But I start out listening to ATIS. It will go on for an hour if I don't press exit flight and then come back in. It works very slowly. I have a Pentium 2.56 processor and 1 gig of memory. I just can't see a voice program slowing down the computer. But I may be wrong. The FSX frame rates are not slowed down by this program. It seems to recognize my voice just fine. Any ideas?

Just a couple of thoughts:-1. Have you tried pressing 0 on the prompter to get any options (see what it is waiting on)2. Try issuing the command at the hold point of 'XXX tower CALLSIGN ready for departure'The reason I say this is when I fly IFR from (Dundee) EGPN and I get allocated runway 28 for taxi, it immediatly asks if I want to accept clearance instructions but when I get allocated runway 10 it does not do this, and I have issue the command (2) above once I reach the hold point for runway 10 at which point the process resumes.The reason I suggest option 1 is it may also give a clue as to what it is waiting on.Hope that helps.OldBadgerPS once you get this to work it is quite frankly one of the best additions to the flight sim experience.

Guest rdunn6
Just a couple of thoughts:-1. Have you tried pressing 0 on the prompter to get any options (see what it is waiting on)2. Try issuing the command at the hold point of 'XXX tower CALLSIGN ready for departure'The reason I say this is when I fly IFR from (Dundee) EGPN and I get allocated runway 28 for taxi, it immediatly asks if I want to accept clearance instructions but when I get allocated runway 10 it does not do this, and I have issue the command (2) above once I reach the hold point for runway 10 at which point the process resumes.The reason I suggest option 1 is it may also give a clue as to what it is waiting on.Hope that helps.OldBadgerPS once you get this to work it is quite frankly one of the best additions to the flight sim experience.
I will try. But the whole thing seems to be sluggish. When I have tried to use the option , to find the taxi cones, it takes minutes to come up. I'll try your suggestions tonight. I do agree that this would be fabulous once it works properly.