Sign in to follow this  
joherszch

FS9: AMD X2 5200+ -> AMD Phenom II 940 Black Edition?

Hi, I currently fly FS9/FS2004 exclusively, I am not always satisfied with the performance.So I started to look around for upgrade options.I currently have:CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200+ 2.6GHz Socket AM2 2MBMOBO: Gigabyte GA-M57SLI-S4 (rev 2.0)GPU: Sapphire Radeon X1950XT 512MB GDDR3MEM: Corsair Value S. PC4200 DDR2 2048MBHave looked at:AMD Phenom II X4 940 Black Edition 125W, AM2+, 8MB Cache, 3,0GhzCrucial DDR2 BallistiX TRACER PC6400 4096MB CL4 Kit, 240pin, 800mhzI also did a quick check at Gigabyte's homepage to see which CPU's my MOBO supported, however I also saw this:"*Note: If you install AMD AM2+ CPU on AM2 motherboard, the system bus speed will downgrade from HT3.0(5200MHz) to HT1.0(2000 MT/s) spec; however, the frequency of AM2+ CPU will not be impacted. Please refer "CPU Support List" for more information."But to my understanding that is not going to effect the performance overall, or am I way off here?I understand that if I had FSX this would be a go go decision because of the support of dual/quad core in FSX, but since I use FS9/FS2004, what do you guys think of the upgrade suggestion, will it be worth the cost? Any input on this would be greatly appreciated// Johan, ESGP