Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mikejr

Panel gauge colours at night-time

Hey guys, I've just got FS Panel Studio, for the primary reason that I want to edit a gauge to get the colour right for the panel I want to install it on (the brilliant gauge can be obtained free here from the library). The original colour is a dark Boeing brown, the colour I want is a light grey colour. By editing the bitmaps I got the 'day' colour matching very well with the rest of the panel. I then edited what I thought was the 'night' bitmap by obviously making it a lot darker, and when I went to test it, in the day the colour match with the rest of the panel was perfect, but at night it was totally out. :( At night it simply maintained the 'day' colour and looked weird amongst the other gauges. So clearly there is no changing between the two bitmaps. I am a beginner at this and am doing it for my own pleasure only. Hopefully you can understand all this... :( I know that the FS panel bitmaps have only one 'day' texture and the 'night' effect is applied with some colour parameters in the .cfg file. So my question is: is this a built in aspect of the gauge and if so how do i change it? Can I get rid of the bitmaps altogether to get rid of the gauge surround? Can I do this in FS Panel Studio? Don't hesitate to ask what the gauge and panel is if necessary - i just didn't want to upset anyone.EDIT: My apoligies, I perhaps put this post in the wrong forum, please move it if neccesary.Thanks in advance.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!