Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest UlfB

Random weather in FSX?

Hi,Do you know of any add on that is able to provide random weather in FSX? Klaus Prichatz made a nice add on for FS2002 and FS2004 called Wetter and at times I do miss the possibility to generate random weather scenarios in FSX.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi,Do you know of any add on that is able to provide random weather in FSX? Klaus Prichatz made a nice add on for FS2002 and FS2004 called Wetter and at times I do miss the possibility to generate random weather scenarios in FSX.
It's called Calgary (CYYC). It's easy to pack for a trip to Cowtown, just take everything. You will need it. If you don't like the weather, wait five minutes. If you don't like the weather out the front door, go out the back door. Calgary: The World's Greatest Random Weather Generator. That'll be their slogan, you'll see.Other than that, I don't really know. I kind of hate random weather, although I see your interest. Maybe you could get random weather in a Mission, I know you can call on weather variables there...Jeff ShylukSenior Staff ReviewerAVSIM

It's called Calgary (CYYC). It's easy to pack for a trip to Cowtown, just take everything. You will need it. If you don't like the weather, wait five minutes. If you don't like the weather out the front door, go out the back door. Calgary: The World's Greatest Random Weather Generator. That'll be their slogan, you'll see.
:( :( :(

I think REX and Active Sky Advanced do random weather if you not using realtime weather. But check with anothe rsource to be sure.

Here; one of the 39 weather themes for FS9 is called "the unexpected", meaning you don't know what will be thrown at you when you show up at the airport:weather3.zip @ avsin libraryIt works fine with FSX, the only 'problem' is the dimensions of the pictures that go with the weather themes doesn't quite fit in FSX.But it works otherwise.

Here; one of the 39 weather themes for FS9 is called "the unexpected", meaning you don't know what will be thrown at you when you show up at the airport:weather3.zip @ avsin libraryIt works fine with FSX, the only 'problem' is the dimensions of the pictures that go with the weather themes doesn't quite fit in FSX.But it works otherwise.
Thanks! Very much appreciated :(

I think REX and Active Sky Advanced do random weather if you not using realtime weather. But check with anothe rsource to be sure.
I would appreciate if somebody could confirm this. REX doesn't support random weather. Does ASA? I've read the feature list for ASA and cannot find anything about random weather.

I would appreciate if somebody could confirm this. REX doesn't support random weather. Does ASA? I've read the feature list for ASA and cannot find anything about random weather.
Ulf B:We're beta testing now. ;)Feel free to visit our forum for more info!random.jpgCheers.

Ulf B:We're beta testing now. ;)Feel free to visit our forum for more info!Cheers.
That's good news! Excellent! I'm been waiting for the SP1 for REX :(