Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FTD1949

Tilt Rotor Update

Hey all, Has anyone tried the new version of Wilco's Tilt Rotor shown on the AVSIM front page? I have and have not been able to hardly get it to move let alone fly. I know FSUIPC is needed but I've had it installed for months. Here are the steps I went through: 1. Uninstalled the original Tilt Rotor version. 2. Installed the new version. 3. Fired up FSX and attempted a flight to no avail. 4. Uninstalled the updated version. 5. Unistalled and reinstalled FSUIPC 6. Reinstalled the newest Tilt version again. 7. Fired up FSX and attempted a flight to no avail. 8. Checked my FSX Config and made sure FSUIPC and and gauges related to the newest Tilt Rotor version were in the Trusted section and indeed they were listed. 9. Gave up and uninstalled the newest version, reinstalled the old version and it worked fine. Anyone have a clue?? Thanks, Craig

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I downloaded the update, it is working for me. What isn't working?Note that you need to swap your pitch control with the throttle so it works like the old version. To be honest your not missing much. I may reload the old version because was much more enjoyable to fly. This control swap is suppose to be a reality boost. Before the throttle moved the big pitch control lever. now your pitch control moves the big pitch control lever and your throttle does nothing. Now that is realism. In their quest for reality, you are now required to reconfigure your controllers just to fly this aircraft, then change it back to fly any other aircraft. They also added a new panel, but you can't open it in a 2D window.Gunner