Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

adamant365

MD-11 "Event Marker"

Hello Again,I am in the middle of my second flight with the MD-11 (FX619 KMIA to KMEM), and I have come up with a question. Right below the timer controls in a button labeled "Event Marker." What does it do and is it modeled in this simulation? I looked in the "Instruments and Navigation" section as referenced in the beginning schematics in the systems manual but could not find anything. I will say that this flight has gone smoothly and I did not have any of the speed control issues that I had in my first flight, even with the light weight of the short hop from Miami to Memphis. It really helps to read and re-read the procedures and the tutorial. I've been able to spend a lot of time during the cruise browsing through the cockpit and finding the systems and referencing them to the manuals to discover their function. It's amazing to me how similar to Boeing manuals the MD11 manuals are in layout and design while the actual design theory of the aircraft is totally different. Anyway, that's all. Thanks for any info on the Event Marker.Adam

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

The Event Marker is dummy button in the PMDG. In the real MD-11 it is a marker the pilots can input into the flight recorder for engineers to look at later in the event of malfunctions observered during flight.

Thanks for the reply. That was what I had assumed would be the purpose in the real a/c. Maybe in a future update PMDG will come up with a way to print off trip logs and mx reports to our desktop printers. :( Adam