Sign in to follow this  
Guest jaskanFactor

Info From new upgrade- EasyTune IS Great For OCing

Guest jaskanFactor

Systemi7920@3.7GHz 6 gig triple channel ddr3nvidia 285vista64fsx on seperate raptor driveMother board gigabyte ex58-UD3R1 - If Hyperthreading is ON in bios, and affinitymask = 255 -- FSX uses all 8corers . Without Affinitymask fsx uses on 4 cores. Affinitymask is only tweak i have done to fsx.cfg2 - If you dont know how to OC and dont want to ness with bios, then get gigabyte mother board. Cause gigabyte have a nice tool called easytune version 6its a very good tool for ocing for the novice. using easytune, the tool does it all for you, CPU-voltages-dram etc. But once you select a setting from easytune check the temps and prime95 to be sure its stable. Getting my 1920 to 3.7 was too easy. However the defualt speed is more like 3.2 but ramps up to 3.7 when cpu gets busy. 3 - FSX is less cpu demanding than prime95 tests, so i suggest running fsx to test oc setting rather than prime95. With prime95 my cpu temps reach almost 80c but same oc setting running fsx cpu temps reached about 65c.4 - Light bloom will half fps, but if i enable dx10 fps goes up, and i can use light bloom with much less fps drop.My only advice is this, if you thinking of ocing yourself and you are novice, i suggest getting a good cooling system on your pc from builder, then use easytune to do the oc, and keep an eye on the temps. Easytune only works for gigabyte boards. Excelent tool.

Guest UlfB
1 - If Hyperthreading is ON in bios, and affinitymask = 255 -- FSX uses all 8corers . Without Affinitymask fsx uses on 4 cores. Affinitymask is only tweak i have done to fsx.cfg3 - FSX is less cpu demanding than prime95 tests, so i suggest running fsx to test oc setting rather than prime95. With prime95 my cpu temps reach almost 80c but same oc setting running fsx cpu temps reached about 65c.
Turn off HT. It will do you no good with FSX. Turning off HT will also lower your temp a lot and will allow you an increased OC and temps still below 80C.

Guest rdg
Systemi7920@3.7GHz 6 gig triple channel ddr3nvidia 285vista64fsx on seperate raptor driveMother board gigabyte ex58-UD3R1 - If Hyperthreading is ON in bios, and affinitymask = 255 -- FSX uses all 8corers . Without Affinitymask fsx uses on 4 cores. Affinitymask is only tweak i have done to fsx.cfg2 - If you dont know how to OC and dont want to ness with bios, then get gigabyte mother board. Cause gigabyte have a nice tool called easytune version 6its a very good tool for ocing for the novice. using easytune, the tool does it all for you, CPU-voltages-dram etc. But once you select a setting from easytune check the temps and prime95 to be sure its stable. Getting my 1920 to 3.7 was too easy. However the defualt speed is more like 3.2 but ramps up to 3.7 when cpu gets busy. 3 - FSX is less cpu demanding than prime95 tests, so i suggest running fsx to test oc setting rather than prime95. With prime95 my cpu temps reach almost 80c but same oc setting running fsx cpu temps reached about 65c.4 - Light bloom will half fps, but if i enable dx10 fps goes up, and i can use light bloom with much less fps drop.My only advice is this, if you thinking of ocing yourself and you are novice, i suggest getting a good cooling system on your pc from builder, then use easytune to do the oc, and keep an eye on the temps. Easytune only works for gigabyte boards. Excelent tool.
I would agree that FSX is less demanding, but, by testing your memory and cpu and gpu seperately, it will at least help a little in eliminating the possible problem if there is one.Bob

Guest jaskanFactor

Thanks for the tips guys, much appreciated

Guest pete1_leeds

also make sure you run the fps limiter, its must on highlevel hardwaresee the post lower down if you havent alreadymy temps and loads are reduced nicely, thus allowing more for overclocking, plus moreover the result is fantastic it takes 2 mins to install and set-up and you will be amazed with the results

also make sure you run the fps limiter, its must on highlevel hardware
jaskanFactor seems to be using DX10, so the limiter won't help. And btw I tried the limiter and it didn't help me at all. It really is a case of YMMV.

2 - If you dont know how to OC and dont want to ness with bios, then get gigabyte mother board. Cause gigabyte have a nice tool called easytune version 6its a very good tool for ocing for the novice. using easytune, the tool does it all for you, CPU-voltages-dram etc. But once you select a setting from easytune check the temps and prime95 to be sure its stable. Getting my 1920 to 3.7 was too easy. However the defualt speed is more like 3.2 but ramps up to 3.7 when cpu gets busy. With all due respect I would say if you have never overclocked then it is NOT the tool to use. I think anyone who decides to overclock should first educatethemselves about what is involved in the overclocking process prior to any attempts to do so. I can think of no easier way to do damage to your hardwarethan to use a Windows based tool. The BIOS is the place to do your overclocking AFTER you understand the process and how it relates to your memory etc.Regards,Craig