Sign in to follow this  

FS2002 Dll.crash-Help!!!

My MS Flightsimulator 2002, keeps crashing, telling me, that I have an Terrain.dll fault or a atc.dll fault. A reinstalle has been tried, without any sucess. What is the problem here.KindlyJakob Arnholtz:(

When you did the reinstall, did you delete the residual fs2002 folders left after the uninstall. If not, then that could be the source of your problem since the uninstall doesn't delete any addon or other files placed in the fs2002 folders after the initial installation.Copy the fs2002 folder and rename the copy fs2002OLD. Uninstall fs2002 with the Control Panel Add/Remove Programs menu. Using Windows Explorer, delete any remaining fs2002 folders (NOT fs2002OLD folder). Reinstall fs2002 to the same location. Restart fs2002, let it stabilize, and check to see if the problem is corrected. If so, you have several choices:1. Delete fs2002OLD in its entirety.2. Slowly copy addons/updates to the new fs2002 folder until the problem arises, then remove the corrupted files.

Thank you for your svift reply. It makes sense, completely to remove the old files, and yes, I have had a lot of ad ons installed.KindlyJakob:)

Guest DrBob

The problem is almost certainly not fs2002 related but it is easy to rule that out by trying a vanilla install on another drive without add-ons.I posted in the tips forum a step by step method for problem solving these issues using an algorithm to solve Fs2002 crashes and lock-ups.Most of the time it is a hardware issue, even if everything else runs fine and only FS2002 causes crashes or errors. FS2002 creates unique demands on a system that no other program recreates so the argument that the problem only occurs in FS2002 does not rule out software or hardware problems behind the crashes.Bob S Reno, NV

I don't know if this can help, but I got exactly the message some time ago and this ward hardware related.In fact, I had just increased my ram (from 256 to 768mb) by adding two more chipsets which were not compatible with the original one, and, therefore, not resisting to the heat produced by the grafic card in intensive situations (heavy scenery, large airports...etc).Mixing different chipsets type can also create problems sometime, such as a Kingston and another, and also mixing 256mb with a 512mb.Same if your PC is HP and you purchase Kingston and so on....It took me time to realize where the problem was, but when I repurchased new chipsets similar to the original one (which were not cheap..sets...smile), it was solved and the new chipsets performed well when pc was heating and I have not noticed any problem since then.The lesson I learned was to avoid purchasing brand PC where memory chipsets were too specific and expensive to play with.Wishing you good luck in your search,Patrick