Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest patriot

How do I use the ASRC? I have tried alot...

Hey, I'm new here (just started) and was wondering how you use the ASRC? I have tried countless times, and I cant seem to actually get a tower (map) to come up. PLEASE HELP ME X|!!! and if I posted in the wrong area, please accept my apology.Thanks!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

yes you are in wrong place. but if you asked once;You have to need find SECTOR chart where you want to see on map in radar screen.Actually, if you are not insterested about "virtual air traffic controller" , you don't need ASRC. Also, even you want to try to use, if you are not qualified for using any radar program, you can just only connect as OBSERVER via ASRC(or VRC).So, go to www.vatsim.net and check right column divisional/regional links and find your interested country region for getting VACC web sites that you want to see/find sector files. When you find VACC website, go to downloads,sectors file or etc section and download sector file. Start ASRC, open sector file, find that you downloaded SCT file, open it, you will see map on screen. once again, if you are not qualified by your VACC (or any VACC) you can ONLY connect as OBSERVER (OBS).notice about qualified means; you have to apply to become an virtual airtraffic controller, then you have to get -pass- written exam first then you will get some training by VACC training management. When your training finished, you must be pass "practical exam". When you passed CPT-controller practical exam, you would get right to be STUDENT rating. STU-S1 rating is allow only DEL-GND and TWR position. When you get enough controller time as S1 -at least 50hrs- you have to right to get Senior Student written exam, following training again and then practical exam.After that you will be allowed existing facilities + APP. Next step goes to Controller, then Senior Controller with the same process.