Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jerryuscg

Saitek Yoke Hatswitch views problem corrected

Saitek Yoke Hatswitch Views problem correctedA few weeks ago while trying to set up my new GoFlight "Corporate" Flight Gear I some how messed up the views that were controled by the Hatswith on my Saitek Pro Yoke. (The views would NOT pan). I tried a few hours for days to correct this problem. John with the GoFlight Company had been assisting me with setting up my new GoFlight gear so I ask him for his help. My problem was NOT caused by him nor the GoFlight Company and it was NOT their responsibility to correct this problem BUT he took his own time to correct the problem for me. I had asked for help on the Avsim forum and any other forum that I could think of but no one could advise me how to correct the problem. A very special thanks to John for helping me in the matter. As it turned out there is NO way to assign a certain view to anyone of the 8 differant positions on the hatswitch. When we had corrected the problem, NO HATSWITCH WAS ASSIGNED TO ANY FUNCTION in the "joystick column in the asignments tabs for MS2004. Thats the first place where I went wrong. I tried to assign the "hatswitch to the "view-pan" in the joystick column. For a million dollars I can not say the exact step(s) that corrected the problem because I thought that I had been trying almost all of the steps that John had me do. Some of the steps that corrected the problem, in no specific order was: (1) Taking the registered FSUIPC.dll OUT of the "moduals" folder and running FS2004 one time without it in the moduals folder. (2) Deleating the FSUIPC.cfg and letting FS2004 make a new one on it's own. (3) "CLEAR" the assignments on the "Buttons and Switches" tab in FSUIPC. (4) Reset the "DEFAULTS" in the options/ control/ settings in FS2004. (5) No "hatswitch" was assigned to any "Joystick" assignment in FS2004 "assignments". I had been "hitting" around all of these steps for over a week but I could not fix the problem. A special thanks to John, he did. jerrycwo4

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!