Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Terry.S

Correct Install for New Airac/Sids/Stars

Hi allJust to cover my ignorance if what I've typed below seems twoddle. It's because i'm generally a bit of a noob with some stuff. :( I was wondering what the correct way was to install the new Airac / Sids / Stars is. Is it a case of just running the self installs on the new files or should you be deleting any files within the PMDG/sids an stars folder.My reason for asking is that, I have never been asked to allow overwriting of any files in the sids/stars folder or the new airac.Any advice on this would be welcome. Tried to do a search on the forums but could'nt find anything which related to my question.Many thanksTerry

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

IF it's your first airac update then I'd make a copy of the ones in the PMDG folder (just in case) - bung in a new folder. After that just run the installer from Navigraph (selet fs9/fsx) and it'll backup the previous ones, then add a new set to where it's supposed to be.If vista, the installer will apprear to freeze but it just takes a while so don't worry. If xp then it doesn't appear to freeze (good ol' xp).After this (if you want) get Dan Downs updated airac from avsim and unpack that and copy the files to the sisstar folder.Don't forget to run as admin if in vista as well if FS is in program folder.Hope this is what you want.John Ellison

IF it's your first airac update then I'd make a copy of the ones in the PMDG folder (just in case) - bung in a new folder. After that just run the installer from Navigraph (selet fs9/fsx) and it'll backup the previous ones, then add a new set to where it's supposed to be.If vista, the installer will apprear to freeze but it just takes a while so don't worry. If xp then it doesn't appear to freeze (good ol' xp).After this (if you want) get Dan Downs updated airac from avsim and unpack that and copy the files to the sisstar folder.Don't forget to run as admin if in vista as well if FS is in program folder.Hope this is what you want.John Ellison
Many thanks for the reply John, just what I wanted.Many thanksTerry