Sign in to follow this  
Guest rcutanda

X-Pax - .NET Framework error when opening

Guest rcutanda

Hi,I have just purchased X-Pax but, to my disappointment, I have not been able to use it yet. The problem is that when I try to run X-Pax I get a .NET error in XPax.XPax_Data. You will find attached the full error log (although in Spanish, but I hope it will be useful nevertheless)My system is:HardwareMac Pro2xIntel Xeon E5462 @ 2.80 Ghz (8 cores)8 GBytes RAMnVidia GeForce 8800GT (512 Mbytes)SoftwareWindows Vista Ultimate 64FSX + Acceleration.NET Framework 3.5Appart from X-Pax, I have serveral addons running, including FDC Live Cockpit from Aerosoft, which installs FSUIPC Version 4.20.I've tried to install .NET Framework 2 (64 bits version) but the installer says it's already installed in Windows Vista by default, so I guess that's not the problem. I've also read that I should install FSX SP1 BEFORE installing the Acceleration Pack, so I have uninstall Acceleration Pack, installed SP1, and then reinstall Acceleration Pack; but I still get the same error. I have also installed X-Pax SP1 (build 350) with same result.I would like some information about how to solve my problem or, at worst, how to get a refund (as I have not beel able to use the software)Thanks a lot in advance.Best regards,

Hello,We haven't had this error reported in the past. Looking via internet search, it appears to be an issue isolated to Vista and Windows Media Player with an improper installation. The error is from WMP itself (as XPax attempts to initialize components to play video/audio).I've found a few recommended solutions:1) You are not configured with administrator access at the time you are running this program or at the time you have installed XPax. Reinstall with Administrator access.2) You have a corrupt WMP installation. Solution = Uninstall/Reinstall WMP.3) Use a registry fix tool to fix registry issues.You can search for REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG via google and you'll get several other potential causes/fixes as well. Apparently MS is aware of this.Hope that helps,Best,

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Guest rcutanda

I'll give it a tryThanks!

Guest rcutanda

I've NEVER used WMP for playing media. I've always used Winamp, Media Player Classic or VLC. That's why I had not realised that WMP was not working. That's why X-Pax was not running. I could not fix it and, in the end, I had to reinstall Windows from scratch, but now, I have finally been able to run X-Pax!!!Thanks for your support. I could not have made it without you!Best regards,