Sign in to follow this  
captdini

MD-11 Aircraft.cfg

Hi guys,I have installed the latest patch for the MD-11 in FS9. Out of curiosity I was comparing the aircraft.cfg files for the passenger and Freighter models. At the very top the passenger model file shows://///////////////////////////////////////////////////////24MAR09//VERSION 1.20.0055//VERSION 1.10.0050// //PMDG MD-11 (pax) for FS9///////////////////////////////////////////////////////whereas the Freighter file shows://///////////////////////////////////////////////////////24MAR09//VERSION 1.20.0055//PMDG MD-11F (cargo) for FS9///////////////////////////////////////////////////////Just curious as to why the Pax version is showing both versions but the Freighter is showing the latest version ?Dinshaw Parakh.

Guest CX355
Anyone..??
I am no expert but I don't see anything that rasies any flags...the old has been overriden by the new. Vincent

Thanks Vincent,Was not trying to indicate that anything was wrong, merely curious as to why both versions would be shown in the Pax model but only the latest in the Freighter. Cheers,Dinshaw.P.S. Does anyone have a CTD if entering an ICAO in the field New Destination on the lateral revision page? I had one yesterday as soon as I entered VOMM.

Guest CX355
Thanks Vincent,Was not trying to indicate that anything was wrong, merely curious as to why both versions would be shown in the Pax model but only the latest in the Freighter. Cheers,Dinshaw.P.S. Does anyone have a CTD if entering an ICAO in the field New Destination on the lateral revision page? I had one yesterday as soon as I entered VOMM.
I suspect the Freighter is slaved to the pax model and thus only those items which apply to freighter are overriden if anything.. You see this in other add-ons where one file is directed to another complete file...VB

The // indicates comments... have no actual bearing on the software...I can only assume that the installer was programmed to append to the old file, and not remove the older, no longer valid comments... but perhaps did so in the 11F file...Andrew

The // indicates comments... have no actual bearing on the software...I can only assume that the installer was programmed to append to the old file, and not remove the older, no longer valid comments... but perhaps did so in the 11F file...Andrew
Sounds logical. Thanks Vincent and Andrew.Dinshaw