Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hi, i did a flight from KDET to KESC the other day, and the METARS for my desitination showed an overcast at 1900. When I got there, however, despite the report screen showing the correct metars, the representation in the sim was way off. Here's what it looked like:i was kind of surprised, so just to see what would happen, i ended ASA and chose "use real world weather" from FSX. behold!out of curiousity i restarted ASA and waited till until the weather depiction complete message showed up. It looked spot on, with a strong overcast (the screenshot doesn't look much different than the 2nd one i posted there. So it seems like something weird happens on a cross country flight where it isn't transitioning the weather all the way to what is expected.so i'm wondering if i have something set incorrectly where it is showing me weirdly interpolated weather or, i dunno. Do i need to turn up dynamic rate of change? I wasn't using 'force destination weather' either, is it possible that such a thing would affect this? In this particular case there were several nearby airports (40-50nm) reporting clear skies so i'd hate to lose the realism by having them all forced to overcast also, but i'm more interested in having my destination be correct obviously. I have DWC turned off, using build 394. The log didn't show anything out of the ordinary just a few thermal generated messages.Any ideas? cheers,-andy crosby

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Andy,It is something that we are looking into, even after B394. Try with dynamic change set to zero in ASA and see if that makes an difference. That is wher eI have mine set to and I don't experience this. Any other information will be helpful.Thanks,

hi everybody,i would just like to put forth my view about weather transitions. jim, u say tht u fly ASA with dynamic rate of weather at 0%, well it doesn't work for me tht way. if i set it to zero then there is no weather transition for me whatsoever and my destination airport has the same weather as my departure airport. but if i set dynamic rate of change to 50% then everything is fine. andy crosby, try setting dynamic rate of change to 50 and tell me if u get proper weather transitions.regards,

well i tried with 0% , and also had my winds not change the entire flight.i tried several values between 25-100% and although there seemed to be some difference in how the clouds changed i still ran into this problem.i did about a half dozen flights trying settings like dwc on/off, weather stations, enhance coverage, different amount of cloud layers, all i can find is that the weather depiction is always perfect when i start but almost never matches what the metars report once i get more than 40-50nm away. refreshing weather does not help either, but if i stop ASA, clear weather, and then restart it, when it finishes depicting the weather will look right again until i go for a while further. it seems like the interpolation is acting weird for some reason, like it starts to interpolate the data but never gets to the point when i cross the next station where it is using that new station's data, instead keeping some halfway value.. sometimes i see a small overcast cloud directly above a weather station but clear (like in my above shot), but i have also seen the opposite, where there was an overcast except for a an area directly above the nearest station. in that case, killing ASA and restarting it fixed that too...for kicks i went back to ASX and the depiction generally looks spot on. i don't know if this is new to beta394 or older versions of asa unfortunately. b394 did eliminate my problems with unusually high temps and pressure readings (i also seem to have correct winds on all my flights so far) so it's better in that regard but it seems like it just never wants to make thick overcast layers.please advise if there are other experiments i can try. i have seen a few other threads about it in the forums but i'm not sure what i have in common with those chaps, my setup has a fair amount of mods and addons so maybe something is in conflict? i think fsuipc is the only one that really touches weather although i'm only using the smoothing and turning it off didn't seem to make a difference either (winds seem fine, it's just wacky cloud layers)cheers-andy crosby