Sign in to follow this  
Jean-Jacques

PMDG B737 - Starting Procedures

Guest fencer88

Hi Jean-Jacques,Thanks for posting. A quick research on the web will provide at least a half dozen check lists and tutorials (including a two-part tutorial in French by Jean-Michel MABILLE if you're interested). One of the better known (and best) tutorials is the one by Tim Metzinger (V2.0 I believe) which can still be found on some web sites.A few (constructive) critics : The "flows" you provide bypass almost completely the FMS and MCP preparation. You have also skipped the Fire detection tests (first flight of the day) and missed or misplaced some of the actions on the AC packs. Also, if you take a look at the checklists I mentionned above, you'll see that some actions usually take place earlier in the start sequence than where you've placed them (setting up the hydraulic pumps for example). The engine start sequence is also to simple (no monitoring of parameters) and lacks the fuel cut-in...Other actions are scenario-dependant (number of fuel pumps on, APU sometimes left ON for take off, etc. etc.)Finally, I learned a lot about the 737NG procedures by installing and using FS2Crew. I think it adds tremendously to the feeling of "immersion" and in realism (while the virtual copilot also helps if you've missed something important) .In summary (and I hope you don't take this as sarcasm) you'll probably want to continue to improve you list after reading some of the available documents but, having said that, I think the way you are doing it (establishing you own checklist) surely helps you a lot in understanding this great sim.Best regards,Bruno

Hi Bruno,Thank you for your enlightening feedback. I did review a few tutorials, both in video and textual forms, which have helped but couldn