Sign in to follow this  
tomchou

The spot view causes the crash of FS2004

Hello~My FS2004 tends to turn into black screen, and than crash to desktop with a warning window asking me whether to restart FS2004 or not, thus no OOM message. This issue happens no matter when I'm running PMDG 747 or PMDG MD-11. The strange thing is that my FS2004 only crashes when I constantly switching between 2D panel and spot view during a flight. If I stick with 2D panel, my FS2004 usually works smoothly throughout the end of a flight.It seems to me that the constant spot view causes the crash of FS2004. Any ideas? Thank you~My cmputer spec: Windows XP Professional SP2Core 2 Duo E8400ATI HD 38503GB RAM

Hello~My FS2004 tends to turn into black screen, and than crash to desktop with a warning window asking me whether to restart FS2004 or not, thus no OOM message. This issue happens no matter when I'm running PMDG 747 or PMDG MD-11. The strange thing is that my FS2004 only crashes when I constantly switching between 2D panel and spot view during a flight. If I stick with 2D panel, my FS2004 usually works smoothly throughout the end of a flight.It seems to me that the constant spot view causes the crash of FS2004. Any ideas? Thank you~My cmputer spec: Windows XP Professional SP2Core 2 Duo E8400ATI HD 38503GB RAM
Hi Tom, Sounds to me like it could be a driver issue you might want to try new drivers for your Video CardHope this helps. Cheers Greg YSSY

Hi Tom, Sounds to me like it could be a driver issue you might want to try new drivers for your Video CardHope this helps. Cheers Greg YSSY
Hello Greg!Thanks for your reply, I've already tried the latest driver v9.3, but the problem still exists.

Hello Greg!Thanks for your reply, I've already tried the latest driver v9.3, but the problem still exists.
Hi Tom, Ok we can rule out drivers, have you tried deleting the four files from your flight flight sim file Previous Flight and Previous Flight WX andUI generated flight and UI generated flight WX could be something in there thats causing the problem. I must tell you that this will not harm Flight Sim in any way . Flight Sim will rebuild them after your next flight. Anyway if this doesnt fix the problem email PMDG Support. Cheers Greg Bisset YSSY

Hi Tom, Ok we can rule out drivers, have you tried deleting the four files from your flight flight sim file Previous Flight and Previous Flight WX andUI generated flight and UI generated flight WX could be something in there thats causing the problem. I must tell you that this will not harm Flight Sim in any way . Flight Sim will rebuild them after your next flight. Anyway if this doesnt fix the problem email PMDG Support. Cheers Greg Bisset YSSY
Hello Greg,Thanks for your help, I'll make sure to delete correct files, and then have a test flight soon!

Guest qelimak

Hello. I've the same problem. My PMDG737NG, PMDG 747 and LDS767 (only these birds) make black screen and then CTD if I change to spot view (but only in certain zoom-out mode). Also sometimes 747 goes black and CTD during various phases of flight (in most cases - during initial approach). 737NG and LDS 767 are so so, but 747 is much more sensitive for this crash. I had upgrade to the latest and downgrade to the first of my videocard drivers - the problem occurs in the same way on every possible drivers versions. Tried to uninstall and reinstall PMDGs birds, I cleaned the regisrty, cleaned the FS9.cfg file, erased Previous flight file and WX flight file. I have no idea what to do more. application caused error is FS9.exe and error name is - hungapp or in some cases - msvcr70.dll. The message is always - your computer ran out of available memory. I've read about this issue on another forums and set swap file correctly. Now I have swap file of 125% available RAM and problem still occurs. The Task Manager shows no high peaks of CPU usage and swap file usage before CTD. Everything seems fine on system running. Any ideas? I'm depressed right now. These are my favourite birds to fly. :( My PC: Asus Rampage Formula, CPU Intel E8600, 4GB RAM, ZOTAC nVidia 9800GTX+ AMP edition, HDD 2x500GB - C: is WinXP SP3 and D: is FS9 dedicated.