Sign in to follow this  
1mikel151

AFCAD Files

Hi People,I am just getting onto the AI traffic bus and have downloaded 'kit' posted recently to add worldwide traffic. Everything gone OK, but it mentions AFCAD files for increasing gates etc. Fine and dandy - I have downloaded and installed a few with AFCADinstaller.Question - there are LOADS of these files posted.Has anyone a zip of all the current AFCAD files, or even a chunck of them?Anyone very correct and saved all there download afcads and could zip them up?Very grateful if possible.email to booth-a@nsk.com

Guest seev_39

Hi Andy,For some time I also thought that installing third party AFCAD files is a good idea, but only after killing my whole traffic and fishing for advise on the traffic forum, I realized that the best solution is to build your own traffic and upgrade your AFCAD files accordingly.I understand that you, as a member of an v/a, fly into a limited number of airports, so it should not be a big thing to enrich the AFCAD files for those destinations with additional gates and parkings.Another disadvantage of downloading AFCAD files by the ton is the possibility that the new files will ruin your add-on a/p sceneries (most of them include a modified AFCAD file which might be different from something made by another person).Have funSeev

I tend to agree with Seev, while it sounds good in theory to have one d/l of all the current AFCAD files, most are tailored to your needs, it isn't very hard to configure parking spots, etc. I have d/l a few AFCADS that didn't work well at all, seems many just add some gates and them upload them, so your best bet is to do it yourself, more rewarding that way.Regards, Michaelhttp://mysite.verizon.net/res052cd/mybannercva1.jpgCalVirAir International VAwww.calvirair.comCougar Mountain Helicopters & Aviationwww.cgrmtnhelos.com

Best, Michael

KDFW