Sign in to follow this  
camaflight

MD-11 pax - MAX PAYLOAD AND CARGO WEIGHT

Hi,I have for some time prior to the release of PMNDG MD-11 searched for a variety of technichal data on MD-11.A lot of different numbers are used in compareable tables. This I can overcome, it's not a part of the accuracy I'm searching for, hence it makes no confusion.Now, after the release of PMDG MD-11 things have become more clear to me as to understand this AC. However, as it comes to max payload I still get a little confused: I have two questions:Let's take tha data from a table at one of the sites available on the web: http://md-eleven.net/Specs-Technical-DetailsI t shows max payload of 113.035 lbs which should be about 51.272 KG ( The exact number isn't important to my issue now).When using the PMDG load manager for example with the mixed configuration and load it full of passengers the passenger weight is measured to 27.751 KG and cargo weight to 43.291 KG which gives the sum of 71.042 KG.Something tells me I may be way off with my understanding of what max payload really is.I think it is the maximum design zero fuel weight minus operational empty weight. This has of course to be a fixed number for the specific configurated MD-11 in question. ( For the MD-11 F it is as I know about 90.000KG, also differences with different freight-model configurations). Q 1: How come the difference between 71.042 KG and 51.272 KG ?Q 2: How much weight is the maximum in cargo department ?Carl