Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mr. Midnight

throttle aceleration

Hello folks I have a problem with general aviation planes and perhaps with the big jets that I fly.When ever im flying the 182 Cessna and im at full speed and high up I will be moving along and all a sudden I start to loose power, and then it will get power back on its own or I touch the throttle.Im not for sure why this is happening, I thought perhaps that there was a conflict with other controllers hooked up to my computer, but I made sure all other controllers were turned off.I have a ch yolk and ch quadrant and two other controllers set up to control the planes.And I made sure that there was no conflict with two controllers interfering with each other.as I said it will all of a sudden decrease in power and the plane will start to drop down and then it will power up either on its own or all I have to do is juggle the throttle.what am i doing wrong..Thanks .Robert

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Are you leaning off the mixture as you climb? If not you might be climbing up so high that the rich fuel mixture (being too rich) is choking the engine, which would make you lose power, which could cause the descent, and then of course when you go back down lower the power would come back on as the mixture is once again suited to the denser air at a lower altitude.Al