Sign in to follow this  
Guest Seahawk72s

3DS MAX to Panda, VC goes external..?

Guest Seahawk72s

Hi, In using 3DS MAX and the Panda exporter my virtual cockpit shows exterior to the model not inside as I would hope.a little direction would be very much appreciated.(this for FSX)Thanks,tc

Guest Seahawk72s
Hi, In using 3DS MAX and the Panda exporter my virtual cockpit shows exterior to the model not inside as I would hope.a little direction would be very much appreciated.(this for FSX)Thanks,tc
I found my problem, thanks.

Guest Seahawk72s
I was wrong and I am missing something.I have two x files, one exterior the other interior.I start makemdl and input the exterior x file first and then add the interior x file thru the LOD tab.Now something that bothers me is that in the LOD window both interior and exterior files shoe as "Outside" " "Type". Does this make any difference.?When I load the compiled mdl file from spot view I see the interior.From the tower view I see the exterior.From VC I only see the full view ahead, no cockpit.Any help would be much appreciated.Thanks,tc

If you are using makeMDL you are compiling the model for FS9 (This will still work for FSX but wont use any of the new material properties) You are on the right track once you have the two .X files you need to rename the interior model something _interior for example Cessna_interior you will now have two files one called Cessna.x the other Cessna_interior.x drag and drop the Cessna.x file onto the make mdl icon and now have a look at the LOD tab you should have Cessna_interior 100 InteriorCessna 100 Outsideset your preferred options in the options tab and you should be right.the only other thing would be your panda export options this is how i have mine set upP1.jpgP2.jpgP3.jpgP4.jpgHope that helpsPaul

Guest Seahawk72s
If you are using makeMDL you are compiling the model for FS9 (This will still work for FSX but wont use any of the new material properties) You are on the right track once you have the two .X files you need to rename the interior model something _interior for example Cessna_interior you will now have two files one called Cessna.x the other Cessna_interior.x drag and drop the Cessna.x file onto the make mdl icon and now have a look at the LOD tab you should have Cessna_interior 100 InteriorCessna 100 Outsideset your preferred options in the options tab and you should be right.the only other thing would be your panda export options this is how i have mine set upP1.jpgP2.jpgP3.jpgP4.jpgHope that helpsPaul
Thanks for the detail on the Panda settings, I made tweaks there.I have the exterior and interior as it should be.I appreciate the help,tc