Sign in to follow this  
Donmo

The next installment in the Commander Series?

Guest Milton

The "Pegasus" purchased unpainted in polished aluminum (as many were in those days) by the Magnolia Pipe Line Co. in Texas. They later became Mobil and this AC680S was one of their beauties along with the AC520 released a few months ago. There will be some documentation and pictures of the original in the package. :-)This is the info I received on it:"I cannot make out the 'N' number on the rear fuselage, and although it seems to look like N24.., I'm hoping it actually reads N2604. That was certainly delivered new to Magnolia Pipe Line Co. (see their name on the fuselage underthe rear of the nacelle) on January 11th 1957. They changed their name to Mobil Pipe Line Co., via an Application for Registration dated November 1st 1966."Milton