Sign in to follow this  
wsieffert

Substituting flight dynamics - how?

Guest JDH

Just had a very abortive flight in an Aardvark 733. Using it as it's the only bmibaby livery I am aware of. Is it possible to substitute the flight dynamics in order to make it flyable? I was using the default panel and at each turn, the autopilot simply lost the plot, throttling the engines back to idle and the nose was bouncing all over the place. Tried to make an "emergency" landing, but just lost it on final approach. I was a little too high and fast, but in the blink of an eye had crashed on the runway.Can I substitute the default 734 dynamics? I know it's not quite right, but at least it'll be flyable!!TIA!

The trick is to substitute both the aircraft.cfg and *.air file of the aircraft you want to use for the substitute. You will need to make some corrections in the aircraft.cfg file to accomodate the different visual model. Generally what you will notice is the aircraft is hovering in the air or is sunk into the ground when you initially start the flight. Changing the aircraft gear height distances will fix that problem, see the Contact Points section.A second area maybe the radio section if you have a different type radio stack in the substitute aircraft.Lastly, you will need to adjust the Flightsim sections at the top of the aircraft.cfg file with the other aircraft's information.