Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Luctirous

Planes in multiplayer

Hi all,I`m sorry if this has been asked before, i did a quick search but couldn't find anything. And it will probably be kicking an open door, yet ill ask it anyways (it can't hurt).So my question is.. if i buy and download a beautiful plane to fligh online with my buddy`s , do they need to have the plane in there aircraft folder (like in fs9) or can they see it anyways ? i really like to know that before i buy an airplane and it comes out blank online... thanks!Luci

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

If your online buddy does not have the plane, it doesn't come up blank, FSX tries to find the "closest" substitute. So, for instance, if you were flying in an A2A Thunderbolt, they would probably see a Cub flying past at 400 mph.

Is there some way to put a skin in your hangar that will allow you to see your buddie's payware aircraft in multiplayer without having to actually purchase the payware yourself?

Is there some way to put a skin in your hangar that will allow you to see your buddie's payware aircraft in multiplayer without having to actually purchase the payware yourself?
No ... not legally. If you want to benefit from a payware aircarft, you need to buy it.That being said, it has always amazed me that the Payware Guys do not put out a FREEWARE AI version of their Payware Aircraft (maybe in a lower Rez), to help PROMOTE their Payware products.If my Buddie has a neat payware aircarft, and I see him flying in it in MP, and get to talk with him, there is a good chance that after seeing it, I would go out and buy it.Far more likely to buy a payware aircarft on a personal Recommendation, than based on some biased "?" review on a website.

Got it. Thanks. I too do not understand why the payware community doesn't offer something just as you suggest. Free advertising at best and no down side.