Sign in to follow this  
Guest FlyingJ

FSX scenery bug

Guest FlyingJ

Hi all,i have about four sceneries installed, two are payware from Flytampa and two are freeware. I fly mainly on them. But the default FSX terrain, i assume it's google maps or some satelite pictures, are mixed together and sometimes the scenery runway is not on place of the default runway so you see two centerlines, undone taxiways and even AI traffic is landing on the default runways, and thats sometimes on the edge of scenery runway. I attached two pictures, on which you can see two faces of the runway (Tivat scenery).How can i fix that?Thank in advance,Kevin

In the scenic library, are the FlyTampa entries at the top of the list? You should move whatever you want to be on the top 'layer' of FSX to the top of the list, and down so on.

Guest kwilson

I don't see how the Flytampa scenery is interfering with Tivat (Yugoslavia). I don't think Flytampa have a Tivat scenery :( . What are the two freeware sceneries you have? You may find that adjusting the Scenery Library order will fix things. A general rule is that larger areas (photoreal regions, cities etc) should be beneath smaller areas (airports). This allows the aiprort scenery to be laid over the top of a region scenery as it is assumed the airport scenery will be more accurate and have a higher level of detail.BUT, it looks like from your picture that part of the runway is disappearing. This may be caused by a bad flatten that isn't flattening the terrain correctly. It may also be caused if you have an FS2004 scenery in FSX. The runway looks like a custom ground poly. If the developer hasn't broken that ground poly into segments then may also cause problems in FSX (due to FSX have a round earth while FS9 was flat, therefore any custom ground polys in FSX need to be segmented so that FSX can "bend" them around the earth).

Guest FlyingJ
I don't see how the Flytampa scenery is interfering with Tivat (Yugoslavia). I don't think Flytampa have a Tivat scenery :( .
FlyTampa really doesn't have a Tivat scenery, i downloaded it on that page - http://www.scgvacc.net/?go=charts. Says it's compatible with both FS9 and FSX. I'll try to do something with the order in scenery library. I don't know though why is Princess Juliana doing that, when i deleted the default area scenery. Thanks for advices.

Guest firehawk44
FlyTampa really doesn't have a Tivat scenery, i downloaded it on that page - http://www.scgvacc.net/?go=charts. Says it's compatible with both FS9 and FSX. I'll try to do something with the order in scenery library. I don't know though why is Princess Juliana doing that, when i deleted the default area scenery. Thanks for advices.
You should never delete the default area scenery. Other scenery might be using the textures, etc. If you place the Princess Juliana addon in your scenery library, just make sure it's above the default (i.e., the default could be number 2; the addon number 1). I suspect this is your problem. It means you need to reinstall FSX or use the repair option when you insert the disk.Best regards,Jim

Guest FlyingJ

I probably now know what is up with it. I have also acceleration installed and i figured out that they modified some airports. I was making some changes in airports in AFX and noticed that nothing happened. Then i found out that when i was opening the file, it was always on the bottom layer (stock), beneath some other scenery file (probably made by Acceleration). I need to either delete them or put them on the bottom, but they are not in AddOn -> Scenery, so i thought if any of you guys know where are acceleration pack files stored?

Guest firehawk44
I probably now know what is up with it. I have also acceleration installed and i figured out that they modified some airports. I was making some changes in airports in AFX and noticed that nothing happened. Then i found out that when i was opening the file, it was always on the bottom layer (stock), beneath some other scenery file (probably made by Acceleration). I need to either delete them or put them on the bottom, but they are not in AddOn -> Scenery, so i thought if any of you guys know where are acceleration pack files stored?
From Phil Taylor's website (one of the developers) here is what was put in FSX Acceleration: http://blogs.msdn.com/ptaylor/archive/2008...t-worth-it.aspx.All of the sceneries are placed in the main fsx directory under Scenery/ (what you're looking for might be under Scenery/Cities).Jim