Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Andre_Stelling

Gmax object texture export fs9

Just started to learn Gmax, great prg however:Everytime I've finished a project and export it into fs2004 the textures are not showed :(The new 3d object is there but not the textures.Used the new material and UVW mapping, looks all perfect in Gmax itselfs but it's not in fs.I also copied the base texture file(s) wich I used (tried bmp and jpeg as well) into the addon scenery/texture map but that doesnt work either.Any idea's ?tiaAndr

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi,The textures need to be in the texture folder that belongs to the scenery folder where you BGL file is. Also be aware that FS can not read JPG or 24 bit BMP textures. It is best to convert them to extended textures in the DXT format using the ImageTool tool that comes with the SDK. Also make sure that the sizes of your textures are a power of 2 (128x128, 256x256, 512x512, etc).

Hi,The textures need to be in the texture folder that belongs to the scenery folder where you BGL file is. Also be aware that FS can not read JPG or 24 bit BMP textures. It is best to convert them to extended textures in the DXT format using the ImageTool tool that comes with the SDK. Also make sure that the sizes of your textures are a power of 2 (128x128, 256x256, 512x512, etc).
Thank you so much :( Can't find the SDK Image Tool but it's working now !Andr