Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest gooper

CTD...help!

only reason I am posting this topic here is that I have had such good help in the past with issues: after running fsx and windows vista 32b successfully for about 2 years I have just suddenly had a couple of CTD's and I am not sure what is causing it...my specs are: pentium dual core 2.4 Ghz, 2 gigs ram; 512 mb ati 2600xt card. In both cases it has crashed using FSX...the screen turn s blue and all i get is a brief glimpse of something to do with memory ?? and then the computer turns off..it finally re-booted after about a dozen tries but i am scared poopless to run FSX anymore...is the cause of this not enough memory, is it windows vista? I have some add ons like FTX and a a lot of AI and the realair duke but thats it....hope someone one can help me out!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Dont think your in the correct forum unless your using a PMDG product. However I wouldn't even want to run Vista with your specs let alone run FSX on top of it with a Complex addon. Unless you have seriously tweaked Vista to get rid of all the crap running in the background your going to have memory issues with 2gig. You dont mention what version of Vista, if you have 64bit try 4gig if you have 32bit try adding another gig. One last thing, if you are sticking with 2gig do not upgrade your Graphics card with a model that has more ram or that will make your problem worse. Your system is below average for a modded FS9 Rob