Sign in to follow this  
vann

Upgrade VOX ATC

I recently purchased VOX ATC with AT&T Voices on CD. It installed perfectly and is registered. Now I want to upgrade to the latest version 5.61. I cannot find any description on how the upgrade is to be done in the User Manual for Version 5.61.I have also searched this forum and do not see any discussion on this, although some topics do mention that you must uninstall the old version. If I uninstall the currently installed version and then install the new downloaded version do I lose all of my configuration settings and have to re-enter them again? Will I also have to register again?I am running XP PRO. Do I uninstall the currently installed version by using the Control Panel/Add-Remove Programs folder? I do not see an uninstall module with VOX ATC.

I recently purchased VOX ATC with AT&T Voices on CD. It installed perfectly and is registered. Now I want to upgrade to the latest version 5.61. I cannot find any description on how the upgrade is to be done in the User Manual for Version 5.61.I have also searched this forum and do not see any discussion on this, although some topics do mention that you must uninstall the old version. If I uninstall the currently installed version and then install the new downloaded version do I lose all of my configuration settings and have to re-enter them again? Will I also have to register again?I am running XP PRO. Do I uninstall the currently installed version by using the Control Panel/Add-Remove Programs folder? I do not see an uninstall module with VOX ATC.
Deinstall your current version using the Control Panel-add/remove function. As you are running XP this will also deinstall the Speech Recognition software installed by the previous VoxATC installer. Your TTS voices will not be affected. Also your configuration and registration files which are located in C:\Documents and settings\your name\Application Data\Internal Workings\VoxATC-X along with any SID / STAR procedures you generated will remain. Download the version with speech recognition and install. The indexer will run and the VoxATC Panel setup will need to be run also. Go to your control panel and launch the speech applet. Verify your mic config and exit. You can now run the various VoxATC utilities to verify everthing is still set up properly. Check the registration wizard and you should find your original registration is still recognized. Run the VoxATC setting wizard and check the new First Officer if desired. Also run the Voice setup and you should find your original pilot and controller assignments unchanged. At this point you should be good to go. Launch a saved flight and start VoxATC. If you checked the First Officer box in setup you should see a red FO tab within the prompter window. To enable the FO press "K" on your keyboard and the FO tab will turn green. I really like the First officer addition and the new taxi centerline guide lights are an improvement over the purple cones, which are still available if desired. Good luck.

Thanks for the detailed info. I did exactly as you explained and its all doine. works perfectly!

Guest venom25
Deinstall your current version using the Control Panel-add/remove function. As you are running XP this will also deinstall the Speech Recognition software installed by the previous VoxATC installer. Your TTS voices will not be affected. Also your configuration and registration files which are located in C:\Documents and settings\your name\Application Data\Internal Workings\VoxATC-X along with any SID / STAR procedures you generated will remain. Download the version with speech recognition and install. The indexer will run and the VoxATC Panel setup will need to be run also. Go to your control panel and launch the speech applet. Verify your mic config and exit. You can now run the various VoxATC utilities to verify everthing is still set up properly. Check the registration wizard and you should find your original registration is still recognized. Run the VoxATC setting wizard and check the new First Officer if desired. Also run the Voice setup and you should find your original pilot and controller assignments unchanged. At this point you should be good to go. Launch a saved flight and start VoxATC. If you checked the First Officer box in setup you should see a red FO tab within the prompter window. To enable the FO press "K" on your keyboard and the FO tab will turn green. I really like the First officer addition and the new taxi centerline guide lights are an improvement over the purple cones, which are still available if desired. Good luck.
HELLO,I would like to know if this 5.61 upgrade can be used with the fs9 version of vox atc? if so will I get the new features Ie: first officer etc.kind regardsDennis

Sorry Dennis, version 5.61 is for FSX only. I don't believe the developer has any plans to upgrade the FS9 version. The FSX version has much more to offer with its' improved AI traffic implementation and it keeps getting better with each update. It may be time to think about FSX. It runs pretty good on my middle of the road PC. I just fly GA aircraft into smaller airports so my performance is acceptable. Also I have been using the excellent Orbix FTX Australia Sceneries which really helps performance with FSX. Happy flying.

VannAre you using XP PRO or XP PRO 64?The reason I ask is I'm thinking of building a fast system to run FSX with VoxATC X and FsXpand (on a linked XP system). I'd prefer to use XP PRO 64 as I understand it can use more memory.Fredpop

VannAre you using XP PRO or XP PRO 64?The reason I ask is I'm thinking of building a fast system to run FSX with VoxATC X and FsXpand (on a linked XP system). I'd prefer to use XP PRO 64 as I understand it can use more memory.Fredpop
I am using XP PRO (32 Bit) because that is what I already had. All my other machines are running VISTA and if I were starting from scratch and had to buy the Operating System I would have gone with VISTA. I really have no experience with XP PRO 64.Vann

I am using XP PRO (32 Bit) because that is what I already had. All my other machines are running VISTA and if I were starting from scratch and had to buy the Operating System I would have gone with VISTA. I really have no experience with XP PRO 64.Vann
VannThanks for your replygaftp