Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

Has somebody bought the new 717-200 from perfect flight?

Has somebody bought the boeing 717-200 from Perfect flight store?, if so, is it good?

I got the aircraft and I think it's good (actually great for Perfect Flight). This company is not known in my book for great software. Anyway the VC is acceptable, the flight model seems to be on the numbers, I opted to use the free 717 sounds versus the ones that shipped with the package, the visual model is not totally on the mark but it's workable. The VC cockpit is dark at night which I wrote Perfect Flight about (I have yet to receive a response). The glass cockpit gauges should at least be lit up. The package does not include an FMC which I hope they add later. Overall I like the package, even more so since no one else has done the 717 yet. You can replace the panel with a freeware 717 panel which should make you much more happy with the overall package. The VC in my book is just as good if not better than Iron Knuckle's DC9, since they opted not to include the whole cabin.I would recommend this aircraft because it's overall easy on the eyes and has a decent flight model. Go get it...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

its total Sh!T! Im after a refund! Its not worth US$22. $10 perhaps but not $22. Has no FMC, Model is not very good, panel is average.

So, In other words:The VC is "acceptable" except at night (which is 1/2 the time).The flight model seems ok.You replaced the sounds.The visual model isn't correct.No FMC (which every single B717 has).The 2D panel sucks, since you suggest replacing it with freeware.The VC is better than Iron Knuckle's.So - to summarize, you paid $22 for a mediocre virtual cockpit.

Hey now, I like and support my purchase. The way your making it sound (which in some aspects is justified) is as if I wasted my money. I must admit after thinking about it and seeing other comparable aircraft for sale out there that the price is a little steep for what you get. Besides that fact if you can point me in the direction of a better 717 then I'm all ears. The only other offering completed to this detail in this series of aircraft is the Iron Knuckles DC9. I happen to like the 717 and until someone does a better one, this is the best thing on the market for this aircraft right now. Now if it flew like crap that would be another thing but that isn't the case. This aircraft may not be the best but it's definitely not the worst. I thought someone was developing a stand alone FMC that would work with any panel one chose in their stable anyway. What happened to that project???

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

I really don't think theres anything wrong with Nathan Tenney's 717, its a Gmax model and is a fantastic visual model.

There's nothing wrong with liking and supporting your purchase. However, it seemed you were doing some rationalizing in order to justify the fact that you bought something worth less than what you paid for it.As far as "this series" of aircraft - There are tons of freeware DC9, MD8x, and B717 models available. The Nathan Tenney and the Creative Simulations International B717 models are both very good - I would argue Nathan Tenney's is better than the Perfect Flight payware - its that good. There are various mods to the Paul Golding MD8x panels to make them useable in FS2002, not to mention Stellan Hilmerby's great DC9-41 panel, as well as Nathan Tenney and several other panel designer's releases for the 717. Personally, I use the Marcelo Lugari adaptation of the Roy Chaffin FS200 717 panel.In terms of a stand-alone FMC - well - there is the Project Magenta one already available (at $199, IIRC), as well as one that will be produced by RealityXP. Currently, the only freeware one available (that I know of) is NavDash 2.5 (which is practically impossible to find.) But - that isn't the point - the point is that Perfect Flight advertised a fully-featured B717 add-on - I would argue that the real B717 has an FMC, and their add-on doesn't - so it really isn't fully-featured.