Sign in to follow this  
Guest koldo.np

PSS A320 problem

Guest koldo.np

Hello,this is the third time it happens, and I have no found an answer to it. :(Today I was trying some touch & goes. In the third one (I was flying for about 45 minutes), once setting thrust and beginning to climb, gear up, and I notice that sidestick doesn't work. I try to turn left and right, but the aircraft doesn't turn. I try to pitch up and down, but nothing.I use the FCU to change the vertical speed, and it works. But when I set a HDG in the FCU, the flight director moves, but the aircraft doesn't.I tried to switch off the FD and on again, but nothing. Tried switching off and on autopilots and autothrust, but nothing.The lower ecam screen (F/CTL) shows that ailerons and speedbrakes move and respond, but the aircraft doesn't turn.Does anybody know what is happening and how to resolve it? Thanks :(

Hi,Maybe you have disabled the joystick. There is a key (as far as I remember it's CTRL+K), which you might have pressed unintentionally. This could result to the behaviour you described.RgdsReinhard

Guest koldo.np
Hi,Maybe you have disabled the joystick. There is a key (as far as I remember it's CTRL+K), which you might have pressed unintentionally. This could result to the behaviour you described.RgdsReinhard
Hello,Could be, but I don't think so. The three times I have had the same problem have been beginning a missed approach, flying in manual mode, using a joystick and the saitek levers and pressing no buttons at all. The first time I couldn't change heading neither manually nor using the FCU. The second time I could turn manually (thus, the joystick worked) but no climb no descent. I was able to descent and land using the FCU, but not manually.I think there is a problem with autopilot if you have the landing information in the FMCGS, you have been flying in managed mode and switched to manual before landing (swtiching off autopilot and autothrust), and make a missed approach, apply full thrust and pitch up. Perhaps some of the autopilots remain active and lock bank or pitch (or both), I don't know.Regards.

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.