Sign in to follow this  
alastairmonk

Any FSD Super Cub 180 Pilots????

Guest WorkingStiff

I recently downloaded the Service Release for the FSD Super Cub 180. After I extracted the files I noticed the installer replaced the aircraft.cfg file dated 1/14/2002 with a file dated 10/20/2001 which includes the following comments in the GENERAL section:"performance=RELEASE CANDIDATE 10 SEP 2001"Does anyone know why the file is being replaced by an older version labeled as a release candidate? There are some differences in the files; the contact points in particular are different so I would like to be sure I'm using the correct configuration file.

I have the Cub, and the above comment doesn't appear. Mind you, I purchased mine a while ago.Here's a copy of my aircraft.cfg file:{fltsim.0}title=FSD Piper Super Cub 180sim=piper super cub 180model=panel=sound=texture=checklists=kb_checklists=Piper Super Cub 180_Checkkb_reference=Piper Super Cub 180_Refui_manufacturer=Piperui_type=Super Cub 180ui_variation=180atc_id_enable=1atc_id=NJ180editable=1atc_heavy=0atc_airline=atc_flight_number=description=Piper Super Cub 180 : Power : Lycoming O-360 C4P 180HP @ 2700 RPM. Empty Weight 1060 lbss Useful Load: 940 lbss Span 35.3 fts Length 22.5 fts Height 6.7 fts Cargo weight 200 lbs max. Cruise @ 75% power : 115Kts. Top Speed - 125Ktsn//********************************************************************//* FSD SUPER CUB 180 AIRCRAFT CONFIGURATION *//* For Flight Simulator 2002 *//* Copyright

Guest WorkingStiff

Alastair,Thanks for responding. What is the date of your aircraft.cfg file?When I installed the Cub I got a config file dated 1/14/2002. Then I ran the Service Release I downloaded from the FSD site and it replaced that config file with one dated 10/20/2001.I'm betting the file you copied above is dated 1/14/2002 or thereabouts. I only noticed the difference because I extracted the service release files to a temporary directory instead of installing them directly to my FS2002 folder.

Sorry, can't say, as any subsequent changes (say to the title) mark the file with the date of the change. Mine is 12th Apr 2003. However my copy of the Service Release is dated 25th Feb 2002.Alastair