Sign in to follow this  
PaulVR

FS2004 and TrackIR?

Anyone know if TrackIR will work with the clickable VC cockpits in Century of Flight? I'm considering purchasing it, but I want to make sure that the head motion isn't going to interfere with the cursor that activates the cockpit controls. Anyone have any insight into if/how this will work?Also, has anyone found a better deal on the TrackIR? $120 is just a bit more money than I want to spend. I've seen deals on it for below $100 but can't seem to find anything now.

Guest product

Excellent question... I just made the investment and hadn't thought of that.right now trying to get TrackIR to work with head latency in ActiveCamera Pro...Best,Joel

I had Track IR working just fine, as normal, with Wilco's Airport 2002 Vol.1-737, it has a clickable vc. The only odd thing I encountered was with stereo 3d. If I set the depth too high the mouse would not line up with the switches. I had to guess where the switch activation would be, the lower the depth the better it was.Rex

TrackIR works well with Wilco's A320 PIC interactive VC, but it's a bit tricky to click a switch when it's enabled. I'm often 'chasing' the switches with the mouse pointer, as they tend to creep away as you look at them. It's easier to disable TrackIR for a moment by using the hotkey. Although MS' technology for interactive VC's is probably different from Wilco's, I suspect the principle will be the same. An interactive VC only works if you can operate a switch irrespective of its position on the screen. TrackIR is just another way to change your view, instead of a hat switch or a keyboard key.Paul