Sign in to follow this  
Guest firehawk44

Cannot Download

Guest firehawk44

I cannot download any files from the AVSIM Library and instead getting the IE message that the server is not available, to click refresh or try again later. This is the second time this month I have had a problem downloading from this site. The first time I simply checked my settings as you suggested in your FAQ and verified they were correct. No adjustments to my Internet settings were made. No adjustments to my Windows XP firewall were made either. However, out of the clear blue sky (FS talk) I was suddenly allowed to download from the AVSIM Library. I have read your FAQ and all my IE settings are as stated in the FAQ. I am logged in as I see my login info at the top of the main Library page. I can download from other sites (thank goodness) but not from AVSIM. The library must be functioning correctly as I see no message(s) that the library server is down. I think the glitch has to be in your server settings though. I have my Internet settings set at the lowest levels; allowed all cookies; and have made AVSIM a trusted site on my Internet connections and within the firewall settings. Internet communications, especially security, has never been my forte and they are getting more complicated everyday. I download through my cable modem. Is there any SOP out there that strictly states the Internet/Firewall settings to connect to AVSIM servers? I will continue to look for any problem on my end. Thanks for reading.Jim

Guest firehawk44

Well, I continued to look for problems on my end as I stated earlier and decided to restore the default settings for my XP firewall. I can now download from the AVSIM Library. I apologize for any inconvenience I may have caused. Problem fixed for now.Jim