Sign in to follow this  
Guest V4DIV-CVN-70

x-Plane Inventor/Developer

Guest V4DIV-CVN-70

Howdy,I had the pleasure of meeting Austin Meyer (x-plane) today. I was able to sit a chat with him for half an hour. Very intelligent and likable gentleman. Seemed like "just another guy" type person. Needless to say, I was impressed and am thinking about giving x-plane another try. Anybody have thoughts on some good Add-on aircraft for x-plane? Gary

Guest Setanta
Anybody have thoughts on some good Add-on aircraft for x-plane?
Right at the moment it's a little awkward to recommend anything thanks to the new version (9.30) being right around the corner with major changes to the flight model. If you're interested in heavy metal then checking out the X-Plane Freeware project is an absolute must. Also worth checking out is XPJets. If you're into GA then XPJets are still worth watching - I'm waiting on the release of a payware C172 that looks like it should be fabulous.As far as other payware GA stuff goes I've been pleased with all of Heinz's stuff and the couple of planes I've bought from STMA while a little rough in places have been favourites to fly. You can get both of these collections at "The Org". I'm just hoping for quick updates when 9.30 goes final. Also from the same site you can pick up a superbly modelled Hurricane from ND art and technology if old warbirds are your taste.And I can't ignore the X-Aviation Mitsubishi MU-2. A little buggy in places but starting to get towards the level of the best addons available for MSFS.When it comes to freeware... go to "The Org". It's a bit 'suck it and see' but you'll find more than a few gems in there.Setanta

Here are 2 screen captures1: Departing Rivier-du-Loup, PQ enroute Baie Comeau: And...last but not least:2: The VC of the MU-2 payware jewel: allen

And yeah I forgot the candy: The Cabin, easily ascessed and changed: