Sign in to follow this  
jcboliveira

Setting up a Multiplayer Session

I've been trying to set up a multiplayer session with a friend but it doesn't work. We've both got FS2002, he's got Win XP and I've got Win 2000. We're both on DSL broadband, through the same ISP. We tried to hook up through Windows Messenger. If he calls the flight and I accept my FS2002 tries to start but it hangs on the splash screen. If I invite him to a multiplayer session his FS2002 tries to start. So, our respective sims are being triggered but it doesn't quite pan out.My firewall has been set to accept all internet traffic through Messenger. Do we both have to have XP, same version of DirectX or something else?My apologies if this has been covered before / somewhere else. I tried a search but didn't come up with anything ;-)best regards,Hans Petter

It could be the XP firewall that is preventing the connection. Wen you use the messenger to startup a multiplayer session it isn't the messenger that will do the connection but FS. Messenger will trigger the event.The hang could be FS trying to establish the connection but should (if things are programmed as it should) timeout after a while.Jos